[ 51 ]

Kaylen walked through the corridors of the white painted hospital walls. She's only been here for half a day and she already felt the need to rest.

She was so tired from all the crying, and the worries battling inside her didn't help her for a good sleep either.

Kaylen had gone off to get some food and was now on his way to his brother's ward. She entered the room, and saw it empty instead of the bed Kleo was resting in.

They had moved him into a private ward in case such thing would happen again, then he could be easily monitored and supervised with.

She figured Kris had gone out for an air. And her parents were back at the Ministry for work.

Kaylen didn't know when she could go back at Hogwarts, but she didn't mind. Until she could confirm Kleo's alright, then she'll go back.

Her parents would come back tonight to fetch the twins and Kizzie at Durmstrang and Beauxbaton. So they could visit their brother too.

She sat at the arm chair, sinking herself unto the soft cushions, as she gaze outside the window.

The whole room was sickly white, and the only greenery she could see was the plant on beside her brother's night stand, and the trees outside, dancing with the wind.

She didn't mind if she takes four days here in St. Mungos. If she could secure her brother's health then it's fine.

But there was one thing, she's yearning for in the moment.

A hot chocolate.

And Oliver's embrace.

She would love to feel that in this moment. How he would open his arms for her, how calming his steady heart beat was, how he would radiated warmth from his body when they hugged, how he would bury his face deeper to the crook of her neck, how he warmed her with his soul.

His presence would've been enough to put her at ease.

She longed for him.

Kaylen realized that moment, that when you get separated away from the person you love. You long for their touch, their warmth. In overall, you long for them.

Oh, how she wished she would be sitting on this arm chair, on Oliver lap, with a mug of hot chocolate on her pale hands.

That would been great.

She missed him.

It's not even a day yet, but she missed him. And that scared her on how you could easily miss someone you just met hours ago.

But she can't help but miss his touch...

His warm brown eyes...

His brown hair...

His soft lips...

His pecks and kisses...

She missed him.

She wondered if the Gryffindor won the match, and is partying right now. Seeing as the sun was setting, she figured the match ended up later ago.

She wondered who had won? She hoped Gryffindor did.

Her overwhelming thoughts were cut off when an owl pecked on the glass window. There was a letter on it's ankle.

Kaylen set the cup of tea she was mindlessly sipping, down the table beside her, and opened the window.

The wind blew in and so did the owl. The creature landed gracefully on the arm chair she was seating just now.

Kaylen caressed it's head, taking out a half eaten chocolate on her pocket and fed it to the owl, who pecked on it.

She untied the letter, and looked over the messy writings.

To: Kaylen Hills

From: Oliver Wood

She smiled and she could feel her heart leapt when she read his name. Is this how it felt like to be seriously in love with someone?

She opened the letter and read through the messy scribbled words, she had familiarize as Oliver's..

Dear Kay,

I heard about what happened. I hope your brother's alright. And sorry, I know it's been stressful for you. I hope you're doing okay, and I hope you're eating properly. I'm reminding you, I have my mum to check on you at St. Mungos.

If you don't eat properly, I will come stomping towards there and shoved as many food as possible in your mouth.

Kaylen chuckled at how caring he could be, and the weird ways he would show it. But she like his weird ways of showing care. Such as threatening you to it, or he'll do it himself.

Please look out for your health when I can't. I really miss you. And as your anticipated question... YES! GRYFFINDOR WON! It's bloody amazing! Their throwing a huge party at the common room tonight. Hope you were there though.

The last time I attended, I went drunk and had gone searching for you. But now that it's mentioned, I didn't really regretted my actions. After all, it was one of the reason that brought us together.

Kaylen smiled at the memories. When he practically pinned her over the stone wall and kissed her passionately. She remembered every fraction of the memory.

And even though, she regretted that the next morning. She was happy thinking about it now.

It was one of the things that brought them together. More passionate and much more stronger bound.

I love you, Kay.

Her heart leapt. It felt as if though, she could hear Oliver's voice saying the words in this letter.

And I don't want you to be very stressed. It's bad. Please rest and take care of yourself. I'll ready you some hot chocolate when you get back.

It was as if though, Oliver saw right through her thoughts. She wondered if he was ever good at Legilimency, that he could see what she's thinking even with them far away from each other.

Or if the boy just loves her so much that he could predict what she wanted.

Oh, and by the way, it may have slipped out my tongue when I blurted that we're finally dating. The twins and Jones are going crazy about it. They've been teasing me for a couple of hours because of it.

But sue me when I say I didn't mind.

Please don't worry too much, take a rest, take a walk, and just breathe out and relax. Your brother will be fine, and he wouldn't want you stressing over too.

I miss you. And I can't do much when I'm here at Hogwarts. But please stay safe, Kay. And take care of yourself. Please. I love you so much.

Yours truly,

Oliver xx

Kaylen sighed in contentment as she finished reading the letter. A smile playing on the corner of her lips. She shut her eyes closed. And just relax.

Oh, how much she loves that boy soooo much.

Kaylen began to think that maybe she could leave back to Hogwarts once Kleo's fine.

Because dear merlin, did she desperately miss the boy of her life?

-

a/n~

drama alert in next chapter!! Buckle up your seats ladies and gentlemen. We're about to see tears!

Haha! Btw, i changed my tiktok username into @pearl.amigo :)))

Post OA content whenever you like, just tag me ;)

-pearlyy🌙