[ 80 ]

After a cup of tea and some chatting with Mr. And Mrs. Martel, the pair decided to head home for dinner at the Hills Manor, since they still planned to tell Kaylen's parents about them moving in.

So as they apparated in the front yard of the manor, Kaylen smoothed her skirt and Oliver ran a hand through his hair. His nerves kicking right in.

Having to ask your girlfriend's parents permission to date her, and telling them that he would move in with her is on a whole different level.

"Relax." she chuckled when she saw him fidgeting again.

"Sorry." he grinned sheepishly.

"Don't worry, just play it cool and casual. It's gonna be fine." Kaylen reassured as she peck his lips.

He nodded, and she turned opening the door knob. They entered the manor, and they were greeted with the twins running after Ken.

Kaylen chuckled then head towards the living room, where Mrs. Hills was talking with her husband, Ministry business.

"Hi mum, dad." she greeted them.

The adults turned to them and smiled.

"Hello sweetheart." Mrs. Hills hugged her daughter, "Oh, glad you could join us tonight, Oliver." she hugged Oliver next.

"The pleasure is all mine, Mrs. Hills." he beamed as they pulled away.

"Glad, indeed." Mr. Hills shake his hand then turned to his daughter. "I heard your application got approved today. Congratulations, my dear."

Kaylen beamed and hugged her father.

"Really? Oh goodness! This calls for a celebration!" Mrs. Hills exclaimed bringing the others to laugh.

"It's still a long way through before I can officially work." Kaylen stated and Oliver pulled her by the waist, grinning at her.

"You'll get through that way, I'm sure." he said, bringing the blonde to blush and for the adults to chuckle.

"We have something to tell you though." Kaylen started, and she could feel Oliver's hold tightened around her waist. Not too tight to sting her pain, but enough to tell her, he was nervous.

"Oh, save it for later. You lot can announce whatever it is during dinner. We have to celebrate your ministry approved training!" Mrs. Hills cut off and stride away towards the kitchen with her husband following after, chuckling.

Kaylen and Oliver stood there in silence for moment.

"We'll tell them later, I guess." she sighed.

Dinner was ecstatic, everyone chatted away and her mum and dad kept bombarding her with questions about her application. While she answers them, the rest of the children mess around or just eat peacefully.

Kaylen and Oliver interacted with them casually, but there was a tension in the air whenever they make eye contact, sending unspoken words to each other.

When the rest of the kids (Kim, Kyla, Kizzie, and Ken) all pile out of the dining hall to their own room. The couple took that as their chance to finally blurt out the news.

Mrs. Hills was cutting some apples to eat, and Mr. Hills was just enjoying his tea as he leaned back the counter.

"Uhh- Mum? Dad?" Kaylen approached them.

The two adults look at her with raise eyebrows that it had her shuffling on her feet. Oliver stepped in and held her hand, giving it a reassuring squeeze. She gaze up at him and he gave her a 'its gonna be alright' smile.