[ 28 ]

King Cross Station was packed with people. Oliver slide his way over in crowds of parents and students bidding their goodbyes, after he departed from his own parents.

He was sulky after what happened in Christmas. His parents were confused about it, but didn't push on it on him.

Oliver knew he need to suck it up and accept the fact that Kaylen never looked at him the way he does to her.

Who was he to assume a perfect girl like her would choose to be with him?

No one at all. He was just some ordinary bloke whose so obsessed with quidditch, and happened to have low remarks!

He was lucky enough to meet Kaylen, who says he'd be luckier to be loved by her?

But still. It hurt Oliver.

To the point where he thought there was something there between them.

How stupid he was to think that after she comforted him, there would be something to expect from that.

Oliver just couldn't get over the thought, that maybe, just maybe, after she went with him on Hogsmeade visit that he assumed was a 'date', he would miraculously like him the way he does.

But no. Everything were just mere assumptions. A dream left undone.

And it hurt him. Much like how he felt when his first broom got caught on fire. Or even worse.

He shut off the world around him in daze as he continued to walk without paying no attention at all on where he's going.

His feet led him straight to the train doors. He stepped in and that's when he went back to reality when he saw someone also taking a step. He looked up and met gaze with a too-familiar grey eyes.

His eyes widened and the sorrow in his eyes began to resurface.

"Hills.." he greeted weakly, and gulped. He did not wish to see her first thing. He did not wish to experience this pang in the heart again. But now, he did.

And he wants it to stop.

So he sprinted inside the train, giving Kaylen no time to explain herself.

He walked off further into the train, and breathe out when he finally realize he was out of view from Kaylen.

He sighed and leaned his back on the wall beside a compartment door, slamming his head on the wall as he did so.

It hurt but Oliver didn't pay any mind.

"Cut this out, Oliver! She doesn't like you! And that's that!" he scolded himself.

The back of his head kept murmuring him words that he did not wish to hear. Words like;

'it just hurts and all..

'but why?'

'why can't it be me?'

And it was annoying him so he banged his head again in order for the thoughts to fade away.

Some students who pass by him gazed at him weirdly.

Fair enough, suffice to say that he was banging his head on the wall like a total idiot.

"Hey, whose— Oh, Wood. Hello, good holiday?" Katie said, who popped her head outside her compartment when she heard the loud noise of Oliver's head hitting the wall beside their compartment.

Oliver manage a faint smile.

"Yeah, good. How about you?" he asked and she beamed.

"Great! Care to join us?" Katie exclaimed as she opened the door widely for him to enter. He gratefully smiled at his friend before sliding inside the compartment.

There he saw his two other chasers; Angelina and Alicia.

"Hey Wood." the two girls greeted.

He smiled at them before taking a seat beside Alicia and sighed.

"I take that you didn't have a good Christmas.." Angelina commented.

"What? But he just told me he did." Katie argued and Oliver shook his head.

"Not that I didn't have a good Christmas, it's just that–" he stopped, and looked around to see the three girls eagerly waiting for him to finish.

"I have a question. Just a question." he started, and the three looked at each other quizzically..

"Alright? Well, go on then.." Angelina beckoned.

He took a deep breathe.

"If a boy kiss you suddenly, what would you do?" he asked, and they looked puzzled, but thought of their answers either way.

"I'd punch him in the face, but if it's someone I like, then I'll gladly kiss him back.." Katie casually answered.

"I'd be shock and pull away. But as Katie said, if it someone I'd fancy, I'll reciprocate back." Angelina shrugged.

"I'd run away." Alicia said, bluntly. And Oliver's attention turned to her, raising an eyebrow at her direction.

"You'd run away?" he repeated and she nodded.

"Why?"

"I know myself. If it's sudden action, I'd be puzzled on what to do, especially when I did not expect it. So I know I'll end up running away somehow.." Alicia explained.

"But what would that mean for you?" he questioned, and she raised an eyebrow.

"What is?"

"I mean, what kind of response is you running away means?" he asked, and Alicia thought for a moment before calmly answering..

"I'm not really sure. I'd get frustrated, and I'd puzzle the pieces together until I can finally find an answer. After then, would I approach him again and tell him that."

"You mean you don't know?"

"Specifically I don't at first, but I'll manage to realize it until I am certain of my feelings.." Alicia replied.

"Why are you asking us that anyway?" Angelina suspiciously asked, and he casually shrugged.

"Just a thought." he said calmly. The girls didn't push on the topic, and just changed the subject about quidditch.

Yes, he should worry more about quidditch than his feelings.

Quidditch would do best to distract him. And he needed it to escape the overflowing pain.

Alicia's words were still spinning in his mind.

What if Kaylen ran away because she couldn't sort out what she felt? And as Alicia said, if she can finally puzzle the pieces together, will she come back to him?