[ 64 ]

• • • • •

The blonde glanced at herself on the mirror, and smiled as she tied her hair into a ponytail. She was wearing a brown jumper tucked inside her jacket, and faded jeans. Her wand safely place on the pocket of her jeans.

She step downstairs, and the room was quiet. Considering it was still foggy outside, it was probably around 4 am in the morning.

Her feet carried her to the kitchens and there she saw her mother with a mug of coffee in hand.

"Morning mum." she greeted.

The woman lifted her head up and saw her daughter coming over.

"Kay, you're awake early." her mother breathed out as the girl made her way to the table, sitting down.

"Yeah well, Oliver would come pick me up any moment." she shrugged.

"Right at that. I've prepared some toast before you'd go." her mother pushed a plate of toast in front of her daughter, and she smiled thankfully.

"Thanks, mum. Where's dad?" Kaylen asked, as she buttered one.

"Asleep. He just got back home from the ministry midnight last night. His night shifts are finally over, so he's up to rest." Mrs. Hills explained and Kaylen nodded.

"Is Kim and Kyla not going?" she questioned, she knew the twins were also a fan of quidditch.

"Of course, 'the best Bulgarian seeker was playing' as they quote it. They wouldn't miss it for the world, they're going with their friends later." her mother replied and she smiled.

There was a silence where the sound of Mrs. Hills sipping her coffee and Kaylen munching her toast were the only thing that could be heard.

"Kay, dear?" her mother broke the silence.

"Hmm? What is it, mum?" her mouth full.

"Do you really think you can handle watching quidditch now? Are you.... alright?" her mother hesitantly asked and Kaylen beamed, looking down the ground.

"I've been trying, mum. Quidditch at first was... nonsense. But a certain person changed that for me." Kaylen gaze down her lap with a smile, her thought coming back to the boy with brown hair and coffee brown eyes.

"Oliver?" Mrs. Hills questioned softly, voicing the exact person she has in mind. Kaylen look at her mother and nodded.

"I'm glad..." Mrs. Hills breathed.

"What do you think of him, mum? Oliver, I mean. You and dad?" Kaylen asked, fidgeting anxiously and the woman grinned.

"At first, I was quite surprised when you said you'd be introducing someone to us. And moreover, your boyfriend!" her mum chuckled and her lips twitch up.

"But the moment he started that speech he made here in the dining table. I've came to realize, just how pure your love is. I could see both your eyes twinkled whenever you two make eye contact. And that's enough to assure me, that he is inlove and you too." Mrs. Hills voice was so soft that tears welled up in Kaylen's eyes.

"It reminds me a lot when me and your dad fell in love." her mother remembered with a nostalgic smile.

"We were both clueless about our feelings. Everything was simple back when we were teens, growing up just means heavy duties." the woman chuckled.

"But dad loved you a lot, didn't he?"

Mrs. Hills smiled. "Yes, he did. We were both so in love. It was hard actually, especially with all the pureblood supremacist back then. But when my parents knew your father was a pureblood. They were quite acceptable with the whole thing."