[ 46 ]

Chapter dedicated to wapplewaffy568

"Can we make things official and be my girlfriend?"

She definitely saw this coming, but despite her knowledge, she still felt at shock. Kaylen froze as she heard those words. Behind that sentence lies overwhelming love and emotions. Behind those words lies commitment.

Being in a relationship, means carrying responsibilities.

She knew that. In fact, Kaylen saw that.

Entering in his life with that label was a whole different story and it was no longer a child's play. It was serious.

Oliver was in a nervous wreck as he fidgets with the hem of his shirt, trying to act calm.

But it was hard, since the girl he just asked out, stood frozen on her spot, shock and dazed.

Now, he was nervous of the outcome on her reply. Doesn't she want it? Did he chose the right timing?

"Eerr- Kay? You're scaring me right now.." he chuckled out nervously, his hand drawing circles on her palm that interlocked their hands.

His fear building up as the blonde stared down at their intertwined hands.

"Kay? I mean- it's okay! You don't need to answer! I'm sure you'll want to take it slow-! You know what?! Forget I ever asked you that-!"

His rambling was cut off as the girl let out a soft giggle, that echoes through the whole empty bridge.

Oliver stared at her quizzically, confused and frustrated.

Soon, her laugh died down and she looked at Oliver with a pure genuine smile, her eyes twinkling with joy.

"Before I answer your question.." she trailed off, as she walked pass Oliver, slipping her hand off his and leaning her arms over the bridge' railings.

She looked ahead and saw a beautiful sight of the distance, mountains and valleys. She looked down and saw fogs covering underneath the depth of the long distance that separated the forest and castle. She looked above and saw mist of clouds that started to form, as it looks like it's about to rain any moment.

She looked behind her, and saw the boy she'd came to love standing nervously, awaiting for what she was about to say.

"When I first saw you, I didn't think we'd develop a relationship that involves romantic feelings. In the first place, I never really wanted to be your tutor, considering your love for quidditch. I didn't want you to talk about it. But as time passes, I wondered myself how we ended up what we are now..." a warm smile crawled unto her lips as she looked up above, and saw tiny droplets of rain slowly pouring down.

Oliver also caught himself smiling warmly as he thought the same. How did they become what they are now?

"And I knew the moment you've talked to me by the Black Lake, that there was nothing to fear about commitments. You said, I'll never know if I don't try. And I realize you were right. I knew the answer to my question the moment you asked me out. I knew how we ended up like this.." Kaylen stopped and turned herself around to face Oliver.