[ 12 ]

"How'd it go?"

"Hmm?" Kaylen snapped out of her daze as Liana sent her a question. They were walking out of the Potions classroom and started off again towards the Charms classroom for their last lesson of the day.

She lifted her head and met eyes with Liana's eager-to-know look. She haven't told the girl what happened during her lunch with Oliver, she avoided making her ask. But of course, she would!

"How did your lunch with Oliver go? Did someone make the first move?" Liana questioned, and she smacked her best friend with the book she was holding.

"Ow!" Liana whined with a chuckled.

"I literally just became friends with him today. And to answer that question, yes it went well. Just ended earlier because someone came and took him." Kaylen stated, and as soon as those words left her mouth, she gasp quietly regretting saying them.

Oh merlin.

She just dug her own grave. Stupid foolish Kaylen, she really had to brought that up.

"Oh, who? why? what happened?" Liana asked quickly.

Oh merlin. There it is. She's doomed.

"Uh, the Weasley twins, they told him Professor McGonagall asked for him.." she mumbled in reply, wanting to drop the topic already.

"Hmm.. that doesn't seem right.." Liana muttered leaning forward scanning Kaylen's whole features, before finally leaning back as they continued walking. Kaylen raised an eyebrow at Liana who has hers furrowed, as her friend squinted her eyes to examine the girl, her lips thinned into a line, as she stroked her imaginary beard.

"What?" the blonde Slytherin asked confusedly.

"That doesn't seem right. You're hiding something Kay, I know it. Now spill it!" Liana urged and Kaylen can only shook her head with a light chuckle.

"What can I be possibly be hiding?" she mocked, and Liana skimmed her more.

"I know you for five years, Kay. I know what your like when you lie.." her brunette friend exclaimed.

And she was right. Kaylen was hiding something. She didn't explained her the whole story of her lunch together with Oliver. Might be a pretty hard thing to actually be able to hide. But Kaylen was good at keeping it calm and cool when she does hides something. She was an expert in lying. Anytime she could act her way out of a lie. She was good at hiding things, expressions, and feelings. Kaylen Hills was a good liar.

But the thing ONLY her best friend knows, that is Liana Jones, is that when the girl lies, she's overly cool and calm. Too calm.

So when Kaylen lies, Liana was the first to notice if the blonde girl was too chill for her liking. But this doesn't mean Liana knew what she was hiding. She still needed to figure out that secret on her own.

Kaylen was a strange girl, what she hides are sometimes off or on topic, simple or complicated, easy or fragile. She's too unpredictable.

"You're not telling me something that I think you should. Is it your lunch with Oliver?" Liana asked with a teasing smirk.

Kaylen looked at her friend with a cool calm expression. But inside her, she was crashing her head on the wall for being so stupid and saying what she just said to Liana. She was dying in humiliation inside, but she tried her very best to muster a calm poker face. She didn't want her feelings to overlook her pride.

"I'll find that out later.." her brunette friend exclaimed and gave Kaylen a winked, to which the blonde only scoffed and roll her eyes at.

"Whatever. You won't." she muttered and Liana shrugged.