[ 9 ]

The next morning came as the sunlight beams through the glassy windows of their dorm. It was finally Saturday.

Kaylen stretched out her whole body as she got up, puffing her still sleepy eyes. She was overly tired with all the commotion of yesterday.

When dinner last night ended, Oliver has sent the most faintest smile there is. She knew her answer brought him to that state, but what was she supposed to say?

When she reached the Slytherin common room after her prefect night patrol, she spent her time in the room just pacing around on how to put the right words to deny Oliver's invite. Because there was no way she was going to step inside that pitch.

She mostly stayed up thinking of what to say to Oliver and how she would let it reciprocate kindly.

Kaylen stood up from her bed and strode off towards the bathroom and took a nice warm shower. When she got out, she changed into her dark green sweater and her jeans. She pulled her hair into a tight ponytail, with strands of two in each side of her face.

She had awaken Liana up, and the Slytherin girl lazily took her time in the getting ready, making them ten minutes late for breakfast.

"I told you I just don't think it works like that!" Liana argued, as the pair continued to walk towards the Great Hall in the morning.

"Then how do you assume it would work?" Kaylen spoke, as the two continued to bicker about how the foods in the Great Hall was served and where they come from. Kaylen insisted there was a kitchen hidden beneath the castle walls, just like the hidden Chamber of Secrets last year. But Liana opposed about the idea, and insisted that Dumbledore magic it himself from other people's table in their houses.

"So your saying the foods we've been eating for these past six years were stolen from other people's tables? By who? Dumbledore? You're mental Lia.." she said and her friend scoffed.

"I'm just saying there's a possibility!" Liana defended and Kaylen rolled her eyes at her.

"If you really think there is a kitchen around here, then why haven't you found that out yourself, since you take night patrols, Ms. Prefect?" Liana accused, crossing her arms at the girl.

"Well, unlike you, I don't go searching for trouble.." she huffed, and Liana scoffed.

Kaylen did know that there was a kitchen. And she was well are where it was located and how to get inside, by tickling the pear portrait that was just around the Hufflepuff's barrels.

She did know about the kitchen, moreover, met the house elves that makes the foods they're eating in the Great Hall. But she didn't bother telling that to Liana, because she knew if she told her, the girl would share the secret to another student, and before you know it, the whole school would know about the hidden kitchen. And poor elves won't be able to rest when lots of students would come and go by the kitchens.

So she kept it to herself.

She found out about the kitchens back in her fifth year, when she took a night patrol, she discovered the Weasley twins sneaking inside it. So basically, that's where she gets the foods for her picnics now.

"Believe me, I think Dumbledore's a food thief!" Liana exclaimed as they started walking off again, Liana trying to catch up to her friend.

"You read too much children's books, Lia.." Kaylen exclaimed with a chuckle, as Liana huffed at her remarks, but laughed along side anyway.

"Hey Hills!" someone called from behind them, a familiar Scottish voice boomed through their ears, and both their heads turned back, only to see Oliver Wood starting towards them, and panting as he finally reached the two girls.