[ 48 ]

Kaylen had passed through students that were all heading towards the pitch, the opposite route she's going.

"Oh, Kay! There you are!" Liana called and the blonde turned around.

Her eyes widened before she let out a laugh, as she took in Liana who had painted her whole face with red and gold paint to support Gryffindor.

How she got it? She'll never know.

"Hey, Lia. You headed for the pitch? Why're you all smudge up?" Kaylen chuckled and the brunette grinned.

"I'm on full mode today!" Liana declared and Kaylen shake her head.

"Flint is gonna throw a tantrum if he sees you in that." she said.

"Whatever, he can throw a tantrum later. Besides, he can't kick me out of the quidditch team. I'm the best chaser there is!" Liana exclaimed and the blonde shake her head with a smile.

"Sure you are. Are you sitting in the Gryffindor stand?" she asked.

Liana vigorously nodded.

"Of course. Wonder how it would go for me if I scream support for Gryffindor while sitting on the Slytherin stands." Liana muttered grimly.

"Anyway, I have come good terms with the lion!" the brunette added with a smile.

"Sorry I can't be there with you..."

The Jones girl shake her head.

"Don't worry, Kay. I understand and take your time. I'll be there to let them know you also have their full support." Liana remarked.

"Alright, don't scream too much. I'll be down at the library." Kaylen said with a chuckle as she waved goodbye to her friend who sprinted along with the students heading to the pitch.

~****~

The whole castle was empty, almost everyone was at the quidditch pitch for the game.

And Kaylen swore, from her seat in the library, she could hear their audible screams and yells.

It seems like not only Kaylen was a student around. Some fifth years and seventh years, just a few, were studying in the library for their upcoming OWLs and NEWTs.

But they were mostly Hufflepuff's and some Slytherin whose not house is competing.

Not that everyone's surprised, but Madam Pince may be the only staff who wasn't out there to watch the game. Though, it wouldn't surprise Kaylen, seeing as the woman is practically obsessed with her library.

Kaylen absentmindedly read the words.

She tried studying, she really did, but the occasional boom of screams that echoed from outside the library windows were distracting her focus every minute and then.

She nonchalantly fiddled with the bracelet Oliver gifted her for Christmas that was made of seashells and pearls. Before a tired-looking seventh year Hufflepuff came up to her.

"You're– K– Kaylen Hills, right?" the Hufflepuff asked between yawns.

Kaylen looked up from the book she's reading and nodded.

"Why?"

"Dumbledore is looking for you, said it was urgent.." the Hufflepuff yawned again.