[ 8 ]

Potions wasn't that bad, to the Slytherins to be exact, but Snape had fun torturing the Gryffindors with insults coming their way.

The day ended with Kaylen heading back to the Great Hall for dinner, along with Liana, who kept blabbering about how her detention went, after she punch that Hufflepuff.

"I swear if I see that bastard again I will—" Liana trailed off when her eyes landed on a certain Gryffindor, that was standing (obviously waiting) in the entrance of the Great Hall. He was tapping his foot anxiously, and his back was lied on the stone wall beside the large oak doors.

"Is that Wood?" Liana asked, whispering the words to her ears. Kaylen followed her gaze and for sure confirmed that person as Oliver. The girl shrugged as they continued their way, passing by Oliver. But before they could enter inside the hall, Oliver cleared his throat, making the girl's stop in their tracks to look at the boy.

It was then when Kaylen looked at Oliver that she noticed, Oliver had gripped on her wrist.

"Can I have uhm– a word?" Oliver questioned, gazing at Kaylen. Liana looked at her best friend, as she nodded.

"Okay, I'll leave you two then.." Liana muttered as she looked back one more time at Kaylen, who nodded her head, so the girl continued walking inside the Great Hall by herself.

Kaylen whipped her head back to Oliver, sending the boy a quizzical look. Oliver started walking towards the corner of the entrance, and Kaylen followed him.

"What did you want to talk about?" she asked, as the quidditch boy cleared his throat nervously.

He still has the clear memory of what happened earlier. When his heart leapt for the Slytherin, he can still remember that feeling, the same feeling he is having now that he is once again around the girl he denied to have a crush on.

"Umm, we're having a quidditch practice tomorrow.." he started, and Kaylen's jaw clenched at the mention of her hated game, but Oliver was oblivious to even notice the small detail of action the girl was doing, as he focused to find the right words.

"Yes, that's cool. Tomorrow is Saturday and we don't have any lessons so I guess there's nothing to worry about.." she replied, wanting to quickly drop the topic about quidditch. She hated to her guts talking about it. It made her tense up.

"Oh it's not that, I uh– talked with my team mates, and they think you weren't that bad for a Slytherin.." he stated, and Kaylen let out a light scoff.

"Is that how you say Slytherins are bad? Should I be offended?" she said with a light chuckle.

Oliver's eyes quickly widened. That was NOT the right words to put it.

"No, no, no!" he quickly denied. "I'm just saying they think you are a kind one.." he mumbled, and she giggled.

"Well, that's nice of them. I still don't think of it as a compliment though.." she said with a hint of humor, as Oliver chuckled.

"No, it is!" he exclaimed, and Kaylen smiled.

"And?" she questioned, asking him to continue. He cleared his throat once more before speaking.

"And they think you were alright, to come and watch our practice tomorrow.." he stated, and Kaylen's eyes grew wide.

"Are you asking me to go?" she asked surprised at his offer. He shook his head and looked at the girl, "No, I'm inviting you.." he said with a smile.

"Oh.." she simply said. She didn't want to go, she badly never want to go, especially when it involves quidditch.

If she sees those three stupid balls in that chess: the snitch, quaffle, and bludger. She was gonna lose it. She hated the game to her guts. She don't want to watch the game even. She didn't even once thought of attending any activities relating to the quidditch.