[ 72 ]

Winter break came and Christmas rolled around. They had left Hogwarts, and Oliver tackled her in a hug at Platform 9 ¾. Apparently, Kaylen's parents couldn't come, because of the ongoing problem in the Ministry, and they had ask a favour to Oliver to pick her up instead, to which the scot accepted without further hesitation.

Not like he won't likely be there if they haven't ask him, anyway.

Kaylen said her goodbyes to her friends. She asked Liana to come over frequently at the Manor, and told Fleur she would sent lots of Christmas cards. She even told the twins to at least send her a letter, to which they playfully teased her for missing them dearly over the spam of two weeks, and to which she rolled her eyes at.

She set her hand on Oliver as he apparated them directly at the Hills Manor doorstep. Oliver said he'd give her time to unpack before he would come pick her up again, since Rosie had been asking for her at the Wood's.

"Hi sis." Kris waved at her, as she descend down the long stairs.

"Oh, Kris! I didn't you'd come for Christmas. How's Ilvermony?" Kaylen asked.

"Alright, I wasn't planning on spending the holidays with my students. I mean, I see their faces everyday." Kris joked and she laughed.

"But other than that, I've came to check up on Kleo. The Healer's said he'd been getting better." the eldest sister explained and she smiled sadly.

"I hope he does." she muttered, her eyes turning glassy. Everytime she talks about Kleo, it's just hard not to feel sad.

Kleo had so much future ahead for him, but then a bloody bludger hit him on the chest and POOF! It's gone.

Kaylen made a mental note to visit Kleo, later. The door bell rung, and she sprint towards the door.

"Hello lass. You look nice." Oliver stood there with a single rose in hand.

"Thanks." she pecked him on the lips. She was wearing a warm knitted jumper tucked under her dark skirt.

These clothes always leaves an impression to the parents. Not that she haven't impressed them already. Rosie is quite fond of her, so that's a big evident.

"For you." he handed her the rose and she received it with a bright smile.

"Sweet..." Kaylen giggled.

"Only for you." Oliver winked.

"And flirty too." she chuckled.

"Shall we?" he asked in a gentleman voice that made her giggle.

"Why, we shall." she replied in a high tone voice and Oliver laughed as she played along with his antics.

"My lady, you look absolutely dashing!" he kept going.

"You don't look bad yourself, gentleman." she said and Oliver did a bow.

"Such nice compliments coming from such beauty. Why, I'm honoured!"

"It is my pleasure, young sir." she winked at him.

"You guys are unbelievable." they heard someone say and they turned towards the door, where there Kris sat with eyes twinkling in amusement.

"You are lonely." Kaylen snickered and Kris rolled her eyes, laughing.

"Please do not act all cute and flirty in the doorstep. It is where people come and go. It is a pure place." Kris sang and the couple laughed.

"Get out."

"Alright, bye!" Kaylen mused and Oliver chuckled as he reach his hand and gently grabbed her, as he apparated them away.