[ 13 ]

Kaylen, alongside with Liana, rushed out of the Great Hall. Hurrying to the dungeons, their common room, and their dorm. Kaylen needed time to clear out her mind right now.

"Hills!" a scottish voice called, making Kaylen stop dead on tracks to look behind her, seeing Oliver rush towards her.

"Wood." she greeted with a nod, though no smile made itself on her lips. Liana grabbed a gentle hold of Kaylen's hand and the blonde looked at her friend.

"I'll leave you be." Liana muttered and she nodded, before the Jones girl walked off. Oliver soon arrived in front of her, panting heavily.

"You're quite fast.." Oliver commented, still catching his breathe.

"Wood, what is it?" Kaylen asked urgently, not wanting to be here right now. She really needed space for her buzzing mind.

"Are you quite alright?" Oliver asked softly, out of the blue, making Kaylen's pacing mind stop.

"Uh, yeah. Why?" she replied, almost quickly.

"Well, uhmm. You just seem off during dinner and—" before Oliver could finish his words, Kaylen beat him to it.

"You were looking at me?" she questioned amused, her heart beat picking up and started to thump. The scot turned red in the face at her remarks.

"No, no! Err– uh– I wasn't! I mean, I was! but– ermm– I just happened to." he stuttered at his words.

"Oh, erm. Yeah, I figured I am." she lied. She was not okay, even she could accept that she truly felt that.

"Oh, uhm.. That's great I guess." he awkwardly replied, scratching the back of his neck. The tension between them was completely awkward, especially after what had happened during lunch.

What were they about to do? They weren't possibly going to– Ehhh!!! No! They were not!

At least that's what they think!

Oliver gulped and Kaylen uncomfortably shifted her feet on the ground. It was super awkward. Should they just brought up the topic about what happened now?

I mean, how would they say it? 'Hey, about what happened at lunch, we weren't about to kiss right?'

Nope! They can't obviously asked it like that!

"So, uhmm. What did Professor McGonagall asked you for?" Kaylen questioned, breaking the silence. Oliver looked up from the ground, quite surprised.

"Hmm? Oh! Um.. She told me how my charms grades have been going up. So I came and thanked you for that." Oliver replied with a smile.

Kaylen smiled at him, "It's no problem. Congratulations Oliver.." she remarked.

The blonde then turned her heels and was about to walk off when a hand stopped her. She turned around to see Oliver blushing furiously at his action. He, himself didn't even have a clue on what he was doing. He just wanted to keep Kaylen from leaving. He wanted to make sure she was completely okay. So he quickly found his hand on her arms when she turned her heel.

"Oliver?" she softly asked.

"Kaylen, I was wondering.." Oliver started, looking down with a blush creeping on his face.

"The Quidditch match between Gryffindor and Hufflepuff is tomorrow. And I was wondering if you would be there to watch the game?" he asked her expectantly.

Of course, she wouldn't be there. But what are the odds when the boy she fancies asked her to.

Kaylen was taken aback from the question as she looked down the ground, nervously shifting her feet.

"Oh, uhm. I don't know yet.." she admitted, and Oliver sighed as he let go of her arm.

Looking up, locking eyes with Kaylen, he smiled faintly.

"Just, think about it." Oliver said, before he walked off towards the twins who were smirking at him. As he swung his arms on their shoulders, leading them away.

Kaylen watched as he go, still struck at his question.

She once again, turned her heels and headed to the dungeons once again.

Should she go? But everything about quidditch just suffocated her. She couldn't breathe inside that pitch. She couldn't gasp for air there. She just couldn't face it!

But for once, she saw the hopeful side of the competitive soul of Oliver's. For once, she saw how he softened. For once, he looked as if he begged for her answer. For once, she saw the glint of hope in his eyes. For once, she saw it sparkle. Specially just for her. Just for her.

And for once, she wanted to badly go.

*

Tears prickled down the soft cheeks of Kaylen's. She hugged her legs to her chest, embracing herself for dear warmth, as the flames on the fireplace flickered.

She was sat on the emerald green couch of their common room, facing the warm feeling the fire in front of her, emitted.

Droplets of tears started to swell on her beautiful grey eyes that were storming with sadness. Her heart ache, and her mouth choked a silent sob.

Everyone was asleep. It was past midnight, and she just couldn't sleep with everything that was on her mind. She couldn't think through. With her brother, Kleo, taking the amount of space on her mind. And Oliver who was persistent for her answers. She just couldn't decide.

Going to the match would mean betraying what made her brother go down.

She couldn't help but imagine the face of what Kleo would make when he found out, his sister was cooperating with what made his life hell.

More tears were falling and a loud sob couldn't contain itself from coming out from her mouth. She wiped the tears but more would come out. She was really frustrated.

She don't know what to do. She don't know what to decide.

She was crying, sobbing so hard.

Kaylen was one of the strongest people, a person would met. She never cried when she failed, or get her heart ache. But not all people could contain sorrow by themselves. They cry at times, fall down on their knees at times, scream in agony at times.

Even You-Know-Who might've cried.

When everything is painful, you cry. And that's alright. Because you cry, get up, wipe your tears, move on, and go on with your day. You could feel sad right now, and you could say you really aren't okay. But that doesn't mean you're not holding on anymore.

You are. Still.

You're holding on, even through tough times. Sure, you cry but you get it all over with anyways. It's just a brief moment when you realized your agony, is when you cry. But that doesn't mean, your not holding on anymore.

You're holding on, but is just not okay.

Just like everyone else, who have something they would cry about. Kaylen wept when she's frustrated. When she can't figure things out, she sobs. She screamed when she's not understanding it anymore. But she holds on.

She's not fine. She's just holding on.