[ 24 ]

Kaylen doubled check her trunk, to see if she was missing anything to her way back home for Christmas.

"All check! What about yours Lia?" she asked, as she turned around to see the brunette girl struggling to close her trunk.

"I swear, they get bigger everytime we leave!" exclaimed Liana, muttering curses under her breathe.

"How come it gets bigger? You're probably putting some things there that weren't there in the first place." Kaylen shot back.

"I don't know if the trunks got smaller or if my stuff doubled in size!"

Finally, Liana was able to close it but a bump was shown from the trunk. Kaylen scoffed at this, but shake her head from the thoughts anyway.

"Come on!" the blonde called as they both carried their trunks down the common room, and out the dungeons.

They pass by the Great Hall and stopped to admire the hall that was majestically decorated for the festivities.

A tall Christmas tree was brimming in front, and stars on the ceilings were charmed to sparkle.

"Now, I'm convince to stay at Hogwarts for Christmas next year.." Liana muttered, still in awestruck.

Kaylen giggled but nod in agreement.

"Let's go, we'll be late for the train.."

They placed their trunks on the train and step inside with many others going home for Christmas, to find compartments.

Liana saw Flint, the Slytherin's quidditch git captain.

"I'll be right back, I need to talk with Flint for a second.." Liana told her and she nodded.
Kaylen didn't need another second to understand, she was going to talk to him about quidditch, so she let her go.

"I'll find us a compartment." Kaylen said.

Liana nodded and excused herself, as she called after Flint.

After a minute of searching for a compartment, she finally found one. She slide it open and dropped herself on the soft seats.

Someone unknowingly opened the door in her compartment, and she shot her head towards the door in alarm but relaxed when she only saw Oliver standing there, grinning at her.

"Figured it's you. Mind if I sit here?" he asked, his scottish accent, thick.

Kaylen smiled and nodded, before Oliver slip in the seat across her.

"So, your coming home from Christmas?" asked the Scot.

"Obviously." scoffed Kaylen.

"Your Slytherin side is showing by seconds, it scares me." Oliver joked, and she let out a small laugh.

"I somehow find that as insulting and funny. I'm not sure if it's a good thing." Kaylen remarked and Oliver smirked.

"Why are you here?" the blonde asked, and he glance at her with an eyebrow raised.

"Is that your way of telling me to get out?" Oliver joked, grinning.

Kaylen eyes widened, and she quickly shook her head.

"No, no, no, no. I mean, why aren't you with your friends?" she asked.

"You aren't with Jones either.." Oliver teased, raising a brow at her as he gave her a playful smirk.

"Don't turn the tables, Wood." Kaylen said, but nonetheless, she was grinning at his playfulness.

Because I was looking for you, Oliver thought. But obviously  he can't tell that to Kaylen. That would be embarrassing!