[ 44 ]

a/n:

For everyone's information,

The spot where Kaylen picnics and where the sweet calming situations occurs between her & Oliver. The very spot where Kaylen comforted Oliver, where they almost kissed if they weren't disturbed by the twins...

...is the spot where James bullied Snape. You know, the willow tree beside the Black Lake and a little out the Forbidden Forest. The spot where James disarmed Snape and lifted him up the air. Yeh, that spot 😌

Just trying to give heads up, so you'll know what to imagine when they spent their time there.😏

~
________________________

The next day, Kaylen was randomly strolling down the hallways of Hogwarts seemingly seeking for her own fresh air.

After just skimming the stone walls and hard thick floors, she decided it was time to take a walk outside.

Liana was in detention with the twins and she doesn't even bother to ask what happened. Being with the twins means trouble, and she'd rather not.

Kaylen bounced off out the castle to the greenery views outside. Just as she passed by a familiar tree, she also passed by a familiar person sitting with his back on the tree trunk.

Black smudge ink on the tip of his nose, quill on the right hand, and parchment on the left. Brown hair slightly disheveled, from the repeated ruffling of it. Brown coffee eyes focused. Lips pursed. Red-gold tie loosed. Upper button undone. Sleeves rolled up to the elbow. Robes discarded on the bag beside him.

Kaylen smiled as she saw the boy she particularly fancy in this state. It's honestly hot.

She approached him, and he didn't even notice with all the focus he was concentrating on whatever he's writing.

Kaylen sat beside him, knees hugged to her chest, and hands on the ground.

She booped his cheeks and he quickly reacted and jumped slightly. His gaze trailed to the blonde girl who was now seated beside him, chuckling.

"Oh, Kay. You scared me." he breathed out with a smile.

"You're all too focus, you didn't even notice me coming." she replied and he chuckled.

"I guess not." he muttered, finally calming his heart from the shock and compose his posture back.

"What're you writing?" she peek out.

"Potions essay. Snape said if I don't hand it in time, he would not accept it. It's troublesome." he scoffed.

"You don't have a clue on what you're doing, do you?" Kaylen chuckled and he scratched his neck awkwardly.

"It's hard.." he answered, smiling sheepishly.

"You know you could've just came to me for help." Kaylen grinned at him.

"You already did enough help for tutoring me. This is my work." the scot waved off.

"Well, what's a tutor here for?" she exclaimed.

"Oh, you're only my tutor now?" Oliver teased.

Kaylen scoffed.

"Course not! I'm also—" she stopped.

What were they honestly?

"— the girl you fancy.." Kaylen muttered weakly. Her voice cracking down.

Oliver sighed and put down his essay and quill, turning to the blonde Slytherin.

It's finally time to address the question. It's now or never, Oliver thought.

"What are we, Kay?" he asked, gaze dropping down.

"What do you mean?" she asked, trying to sound enthusiastic.

"You know exactly what I mean, Kay.." he croak out, making eye contact.

Her grey orbs bore straight into his brown ones.

"I don't know, honestly." Kaylen sighed, looking down.

Oliver glance at her hands and took it into his, interlacing their fingers.

"What do you want us to be?" he asked, gazing at the Black Lake.

"Like this." Kaylen answered, lifting their interlocked hands.

"What is this?" Oliver asked referring to their laced fingers.

"Two people who fancy each other, but scared of commitment.." she replied weakly.

"I'm not scared." the scot blurted, and Kaylen's head whipped towards his direction.

A unreadable expression crossed her features.

"You're not?" Kaylen asked in a low voice.

"No.." Oliver shake his head. He looked over to her with a warm look in his face. "Are you?"

Kaylen nodded her head, gazing back to the Black Lake.

"What are you scared about?"

"Commitment."

"Why does it make you feel afraid?"

"I'm scared I'll get hurt." Kaylen said bluntly, she took in a deep breathe before continuing on.

"I'm scared that I'll fall deeper and get hurt badly. I'm afraid I'll end up heartbroken, pieces of myself being shattered, and I'll lose myself. I'm afraid I'll be the only one fighting in the end. I'm afraid to commit."

Oliver gaze at her with the same warm expression.

Focus solely on the words she says, and the face she makes.

He cupped her cheeks, making her eyes found it's way to his. He offered her a smile, to which she responded back weakly.

"You don't need to feel scared." Oliver murmured, rubbing his thumb gently on her soft pale cheek.

"No matter what situation, I'll always be here. Remember, love will always be worth the risk. You don't know if you don't try..." Oliver mumbled, recapping the words Fred told him yesterday.

He touched their forehead together.

"Do you understand?" he asked softly and she slowly nodded.

"Good girl.." he grinned and pinch her cheeks before pulling away.

"Now, help me with this essay, will you?"

Kaylen chuckled and she scoot closer to Oliver, in order to help him with his potions essay.

Thinking back to his words...

Will she want to take the risk?

Or will she not?

~
________________________

a/n:

this chapter is adorable💞

Honestly, if Oliver freaking Wood would ever call me a "good girl", I would faint right there right now😌

The personality that divided these two oc is what their house would be if they weren't placed in Slytherin:

Kaylen Hills – Slytherin/Ravenclaw

Liana Jones – Slytherin/ Gryffindor

-pearlyy🌙