[ 14 ]

"Morning, Kay.."

The door of Kaylen Hills dorm creaked opened, and the voice of her best friend Liana echoed through her ears.

She was lying on bed, still covered in the emerald green blanket.

"Morning.." she replied weakly, her voice was sink and was thick. It was cracked, and just by the sound of it,  it was obviously damage from all the choke sobs she managed to get out from herself.

Her face was nestled inside the soft thick fabric of the blankets, as Liana made her way opening the curtains, revealing the dazzled sunshine as it enters the dorm in less than a second.

It was the quidditch match today.

"Come on, lazy butt! All of our dorm mates are long gone to the Great Hall. Get up! Chop chop! So we can have breakfast!" Liana exclaimed as she rolled down the covers in Kaylen and shook the girl.

When she did, Kaylen groaned and slap her hands away.

"Is it morning already!?" the blonde dumbfoundingly questioned, squinting her eyes to adjust with the light.

"Yes! And we will miss breakfast if you don't hurry your slow butt up!" Liana fussed, earning another loud groan from Kaylen.

Liana waited for Kaylen down the common room, knowing maybe she needed time and when she still hadn't come out from their dorm, she storms inside to get her awake.

"Give me 5 minutes.." she muttered tiredly, getting up from her bed, as she lazily made her way to the bathroom.

"5 minutes ticking!" Liana yelled after she had went inside.

Kaylen looked at herself in the mirror, seeing a disheveled blonde hair of hers, under those eyelids were heavy bags from her lack of sleep, and dried up tears were yet to leave her cheeks. Everything was in a mess to her appearance.

She was tired.

All those crying last night had earned her a one way ticket to a heavy downfall look in the morning. Her whole body was sore.

She smiled slightly even though her reflection weren't something to just smile about. At least, she hold on.

The blonde Slytherin slide through the warm shower, that calmed herself down.

Everything was going to be okay, that's what she kept repeating inside her head.

A good 5 minutes weren't the only time consumed of her getting ready. With a few scolding from Liana, they managed to walk off towards the Great Hall.

"So, what did Wood wanna talk to you last night about?" Liana curiously asked.

"He was just wondering if I would come to the match today.." she said weakly, her voice still hoarse from crying.

"Would you?" Liana casually asked.

"Obviously not." she replied straight away.

"Well, up to you." Liana said, dropping the topic until they finally arrived at the Great Hall. Some were already excitedly leaving to ready themselves for the big game between Gryffindor and Hufflepuff today.

The two best friends made their way to the Slytherin table, and started to eat without uttering another word.

On the other hand, Oliver's pace were picking up faster, he was nervous about the game. If they won't win against Hufflepuff today, they wouldn't be able to compete for the House Cup any longer. That is if they can't win.

He couldn't buy that. They have to win. They need to win. It was his last year, and he needed that House Cup before he leaves permanently.

And maybe through his leadership, he would find a way to finally get the house of Godric Gryffindor their hands on the Quidditch House Cup.