[ 26 ]

When Oliver got the letter that day, he couldn't get his idiotic smile off his face. It was like it was attached there permanently for the day, after he read the stupid little piece of parchment.

He was almost convinced that the letter had a smiling jinx in it. But how could it?

Maybe he was just giddy with the reply.

He was at doubt when he sent the gift, thinking it was only simple. But Kaylen liked it, and it made him happy. Maybe too happy.

****

"Sis! Sis! Wake up, it's time for visiting day.." a voice called from the other side of Kaylen's bedroom door.

She groaned and slowly sat up, rubbing her morning eyes.

"I'll be down in a bit.." Kaylen replied.

"Alright.." the voice of Kizzie rung from the door, and she heard her little sister skip down the stairs to the living room.

Kaylen sat up, and went inside the bathroom. She hummed as she made a warm shower, and went out the bathroom as soon as she finish.

She opened her closet, and pulled out a white sleeved blouse and stuff its end on her skinny jeans, before pulling on a brown coat.

She brushed her slightly wave blonde hair, and tied it into a low ponytail.

She put on her snow earrings, put on a mascara, a eyeliner, a blush, and a pinkish lipstick.

She looked under her bed and pulled out a pair of sneakers, before fitting it on her feet, and wrapping a black scarf on her neck.

Kaylen took her wand from her nightstand and tuck it inside her jeans pocket.

She walked out her bedroom, and head downstairs.

*****

There was two things that Kaylen hated the most in St. Mungos.

And it was the white linings and walls on the hospital room that seemed to suffocate her each second.

Kleo had a private hospital room as he was here for 5 straight years. So he needed space for his own.

And the other thing Kaylen despised was the fact that everytime she visits him. He was always the same.

Nothing changed. He just lied there, motionless. Breathing, yes. But barely even alive to them.

In times they forgot that Kleo was still alive, just in a deep sleep. Because it's been far too long, and the whole Hills had lost hope.

They already mourned for his soul. He was as good as dead to them.

But everytime they would see him still lying down on the white sheets of the bed, it reminded them that he was still there.

Just existing. Yet was not alive.
Kaylen slide into the seat beside her brother, and held his cold hands. Her family watched her sympathetically. They knew she was the closest with him in the family.

They would remember Kaylen attending Kleo's quidditch matches and practices, and cheer for him as much as she could.

Her mother and father went to talk with the healer while others began spreading out in designing Kleo's bed with the Christmas festivities.