[ 31 ]

"I'll settle with in the Astronomy Tower." she exclaimed, rolling the parchment she'd been writing on the library and placing it on her pockets.

"Well, the Astronomy Tower is nice, though you could also choose the Owlery.." Liana suggested.

"It's not a bad choice but it's risky. Someone could walk in any second, and their are several owls there to interrupt." Kaylen exclaimed.

"Fair point. Though, there is a perfect spot by the Black Lake that you could do it there, it gets enough with the golden hour." Liana remarked.

"It'd be nice. But I still think the Astronomy tower is the great choice. You'll get the exact higher view of the sunset." the blonde commented and her friend shrug.

"Alright. Have you talked it out with the Weasley twins?" Liana asked and she shake her head.

"Their having practice on the pitch right now. I'll tell them later.." Kaylen exclaimed.

"Alright. By the way, did you know at Charms today..." Liana began rambling about her day, while Kaylen fondly listened.

Her thought still on the piece of parchment on her pocket.

Was the Astronomy tower really the best place to confess to someone?

****

"Alright, team! I want 5 laps!" Oliver shouted and everyone did exactly as he told them.

They were all sweating over for practice even though, it wasn't their match that was approaching this week.

But they needed to take their chances.

The chasers would occasionally shot past a quaffle over the hoop, since Oliver was on fire to even let one in.

Whether it was because of the upcoming Quidditch match, or was it because he was in the same field as Fred.

He knows he doesn't have the right to be angry at him for no reason at all. Fred didn't do anything, he knows that. But it just stings a bit to watch him get all comfy with Kaylen.

He knows he shouldn't feel that. But he can't help it.

If quidditch was something about controlling his emotions.Then Oliver won't be so obsessed with it.

Harry was excused for practice, something about extra lessons from Professor Lupin. But Oliver agreed, he was certain the boy won't let the same mistake happened again.

And maybe for the best, to protect himself if he gets attacked by another dementor.

The practice took several hours before Oliver finally ended it. Everyone mount their brooms and panted heavily.

"Good work team, you'll need to improve your skills as chasers! Angelina! Katie! Alicia!" he exclaimed and they all nodded in response.

Oliver turned to the twins.

"And you two! Aim at the exact direction!" he ordered and they dramatically saluted.

"You'd really want that Cup don't you Ollie~" they teased.

"I do! So shut up!" he snapped.

"Alright, chill..." they cooed and he sighed.

Right. He should calm down. Everything in his head is in a mess.

"Sorry. I just want everyone to work harder this time.." he muttered and they all looked at each other knowingly.

Oliver badly wanted that House Cup. But there was another thing in his mind that they don't know of.

And that was Kaylen.

But they don't have to know about that.

"Alright. Everyone's dismissed."

With that everybody sprinted to the lockers.

Oliver came out of the tent after taking a short shower and changing back to his robes.

He went back walking slowly towards the castle, enjoying the fresh air that swiftly wind by his skin.

He arrived at the castle, and looked up ahead only to see the Hills girl waiting patiently by the Entrance Hall.

He was about to approach her, but the twins beat him to it, so he stopped in tracks.

"There you two red heads are!" Kaylen exclaimed bouncing at them. The twins laughed, and put an arm on her shoulders, before guiding her inside as they casually talked.

She was waiting for them? Not me?, he asked himself.

Oliver felt a familiar pang in his heart. This should stop. Everything should stop.

He turned around and ran to wherever his feet would take him. He stopped in tracks when he realized he'd arrive by the tree, Kaylen used as her picnic spot.

He flopped down the grass and sighed.

Oliver hugged his legs and rested his chin on his knees.

The sun was setting ahead the Black Lake.

He could hear the calm waves of water in the lake.

A satisfying sound on his ears.

He remembered this moment very clearly. He used to sit here, with Kaylen's head on his shoulder, watching the golden hour.

And the silence was comforting, as their breathes exhale out in the air.

He felt warm that time.

Now, as he spent the moment alone. He felt empty.

He missed her, dearly. He missed their moments here. He wished to experience it again. He wants her head on his shoulder again.

A tear rolled down his eyes, and he quickly buried his head on his knees, as he hugged his legs closer to him.

He used to hug her torso in warmth. And now that she wasn't beside him. He felt lonely.

"I love you, Kaylen. I hope you know that.." he mumbled, mostly to himself.

The golden hour was suppose to be a blissful view to see. But if you're sad, it makes it depressing.

Especially as if you felt your loneliness had swallowed you, whole.

a/n:

In the next chapter, you'll get a flashback <3

Oml, I just got 1k reads, tysm😭💕 i love y'all!!!💖

-pearlyy🌙