[ 77 ]

The whole castle was buzzing, Hogwarts students were bustling around murmuring under their breaths especially when exams had rolled around. The tournament was no exception to not torment their students with their exams.

And Kaylen was studying hard, that her side of the dormitory was mostly littered with stack of books, quills, and spilt inks.

Liana had scolded her to clean those spilled ink up, minding on how many times she had step on those when she decided to approach Kaylen's side of the room.

But the blonde was too busy to listen to her friend's lecture. Snape warned that if she doesn't get an O on any of those subjects, she'd have to drop her dream of becoming Potioneer.

And so she studied like never before.

But the exams coming wasn't all Hogwarts was gossiping about. The third task was happening next month, after their exams and everyone was ecstatic on what the challenge was.

Or maybe it was the large hedges that they could barely, but obviously see from the quidditch pitch that made them so excited about the upcoming task.

Kaylen could see, from whenever she stood on the Astronomy tower, the large hedges unknowingly planted on the Quidditch field from that distance.

Fleur admitted the third task might be more dangerous than she could've imagined when she first thought of entering the tri wizard tournament. Since the champions had already seen it, but minister of magic didn't say anything about it than just showed them.

So Kaylen was eager to help Fleur with some spells in order to keep her friend alive from this deadly competition. Though, Kaylen was more worried at Potter, whose fourteen, competing against a more matured wizards and witch.

But she wouldn't show she's worried for the kid. Though she did told him on the corridor one time (away from other Slytherin's ears) her good luck. Harry was, of course, at awestruck the famous 'Slytherin gem' would wish him that, and so was Ron his red head friend.

But Harry was quite thankful for her, too.

~****~

Exams ended, NEWTs ended, and Kaylen was certain she did well. And even if she didn't, well, she did tried her best. And that mattered more.

She can only hope she could grasp on her dream of potion making.

Since exams had ended weeks ago, the third task was coming. Everyone was excited, and Kaylen was more anxious than excited. She felt like something wrong was happening. She doesn't know, but she can feel it in her guts.

And we're supposed to trust our guts, right?

She doesn't give much thought about that uneasiness, though. Like, even if she does feel something bad is about to happen, it's not like she can stop the tournament from happening. Not that her professors haven't tried that already.

Sometimes, when Kaylen would pass by their classroom she could hear them arguing about something concerning the tournament. And it probably worsen when the news of Barty Crouch death was announced.

Unfortunately, the man was found dead on the Forbidden Forest. And that news fueled Kaylen's suspicion and anxiousness.

But as she had said, she can't do anything about it. Not now that it had already started.

Oliver owled her that he would be arriving at Hogwarts to watch the third task, since the last task of the tournament is open to anyone outside who wanted to watch and his arrival was what she was thrilled about.