[ 49 ]

Kaylen was pacing. Her thoughts running a hundred thousand kilometers per seconds.

Her clothes already changed into something casual, and even though she still looked quite attractive, she was in a mess.

She was worried and scared.

She bit her bottom lips in hope of trying to calm her cool, but she continued pacing.

Her cheeks were cold with tears that strained after crying for almost half an hour.

Kaylen was in a problematic situation. She kept walking in circles outside the room where her brother, Kleo, has been tended.

Many thoughts floating in her head and she can't seem to sort out her mind. Especially not until they would tell her he's all okay. And that there was nothing else to worry about.

If that happened, then she can relax.

But right now, what is relaxing?

She's clearly not relaxing, she's panicking out of her skin. Her parents had taken the day off work to attend at their son's emergency condition.

Her mother had gone off to get them coffee, while her father had talked with the counter lady for the money transactions.

Kris, her eldest sibling had been informed and was on her way now.

Her other siblings had also been given the information, but the headmaster of Durmstrang and headmistress of Beauxbaton had refused to let them out the premises.

They didn't let them go until their parents came and pick them up themselves.

So the twins and Kizzie are probably clawing their eyes out in irritation and concern right now.

And Kaylen was silently thankful that Dumbledore had allowed her to visit, using a portkey, even though she knew it was illegal.

She only stopped when her mother gently handed her a cup of coffee.

"Sit, and we'll wait.." her mother said, and she nodded, taking a seat beside her.

They sat in silence, not knowing what to say as they sipped their coffee. Both of them were worried and was secretly thankful no one opened their mouth to say something, as they knew themselves, they both needed only the comfortable silence.

Her tired-looking father approached them with a sigh and he gave her wife a smile when she handed him a cup of coffee.

Mr. Hills, sat between his wife and daughter as he sipped his coffee.

Kaylen understand how he feels wary right now. Her father just worked overtime yesterday and hadn't gotten any wink of sleep, and now, it got even worse that his son got into a critical condition.

Kaylen's eyes was focused on one spot of the floor, her mind unorganized with worries.

Her thoughts were only interrupted when the door of the patient's room opened, and the Healer walked out.

Kaylen instantly found strength to stand up and approach him.

"Is he okay?"

Her parents had also stood up quickly for the news, hopefully a good one. The Healer looked at them and sigh, before his face suppressed a small smile.

"He's okay for now–" everyone breathe out in relief.

Even Kaylen felt as if the weight was lifted from her shoulders.

"– we've suspect that the cause that triggers him this morning, making his condition critical is a step for him to wake up from the coma..."

The three Hills held their breathe.

"...his body is slowly functioning back but it needs more energy for him to wake up, and this is part of the big step." the Healer explained.

"Can we go in?" Kaylen asked, almost immediately.

The Healer smiled and nodded.

Kaylen didn't waste a time to burst inside, her parents following in.

She saw her brother lying on the bed. Looking ghostly pale and white. She only sighed in relief when she noticed how his chest lift up then relax down.

She sat on the stool next to his bed and grabbed his hand gently.

Kaylen was surprised and scared when she felt his hand so cold. She breathed on it, hoping it would give warmth.

She tuned out her parents talking to the Healer beside her, as she mostly focus on her brother.

His blonde hair was messily all over his face. Kaylen reached out her hand and removed the strands of hair from his face that looks like it's about to suffocate him.

Kleo's eyes were still closed, and she didn't remember when was the last time she got to see those blue eyes of his.

When was the last time his blue orbs connects with her grey ones..?

It was too long ago. That she didn't remember it anymore.

All he did was shut his eyes. Breathe heavily. And had not yet wake up from his "long sleep".

But there was a spark of hope inside Kaylen. Hope that Kleo would soon wake up just like the Healer said, and this was him taking the step.

She can only hope he'd listen to their call.

She can only wish he'd respond to their plea.

And come back home...

-

a/n~

nothing else than sibling time in this chapter ^^

But seriously tho, in the very chapter where i write about Kleo. I can only imagine him being handsome *—*

i don't rlly do face claims for my ocs since i want u all to just let your mind wander to what they look like...

Except (of course), the hair color, eyes, and features. But i can actually imagine Kleo being definitely fineee😏

—pearlyy🌙