mini series- reverse comfort 1

I open the door swiftly trying not to make too much noise, Ace must be sleeping or at least laying in bed by this time. I enter our room and see Ace laying on the bed, his back towards me. I knew he wasn't sleeping since I could see his hand moving around but he seemed as though he was about to fall asleep.

"hey my love, sorry i'm a bit late, my annoying boss, you know the one, she wouldn't let me leave and I had finish all this-" I explain as I start taking off my clothes and changing into more comfortable ones. When I walk out of the closet I see his back is still towards me and he didn't seem to be listening.

"you okay baby?" I quietly asked, setting my hand against his back, I could feel his tense when I touched him but I ignored it and climbed into bed on my side, I lay next to him, face to face but I couldn't see him as if face was dug into the pillow. He hand plays with a little thread poking out of the comforter.

I start stroking his soft hair hoping it would calm him down a bit and maybe even allow him to talk to me. I wanted to know what was wrong so I could help him but I obviously couldn't if he didn't tell me what the problem was. As I stroked his head I hear a little whimper leave his lips as he lay there.

"Come here," I whisper pulling on his bicep so he would get the hint to come closer to me. He slowly moved his face out of his pillow but kept it down so I couldn't even see it. He plopped down onto my chest, pulling me right towards him and digging his face in my neck.

He grasped onto me like I was his life line and I would disappear the second he let go of me. I didn't know whether to be happy he was cuddling me or sad he was feeling this way. Whatever way it

"You wanna talk about it?" I quietly ask as I continue running my hands through his hair. He softened every time I did it so I hoped in doing so it would relieve how tense he was. He shook his head no as soon as I asked and I mumbled a ok in response. I knew he had some trouble opening up to people but I hoped I was the one person he could tell anything to. It must be something big.

"I'm right here," I continuously mumble as he drifted in and out of sleep, sometimes getting scared suddenly and jerking off me, looking around. Whenever his eyes would meet mine he would calm down and go back to sleep. He hugged me extremely close, hugging me to the point of no oxygen.

soon enough, his breathing became steady and he slept peacefully, no nightmares and certainly no fear. "I love you," I whisper in his ear, kissing his cheek and then drifting off myself.

•••

I awake a few hours later and feel nothing on my chest as it was there previously. I look around our bed and see no one. That's weird. I check the time on my phone and see it's 4AM. Where could he be right now.

"Ace?" I called out hoping he was just downstairs or something and he would answer back. But when I hear nothing I get concerned, hopping out of bed and pulling up some of Aces sweatpants and still stay on the floor.

I see the crack of light from under the bathroom door telling me the light was on, I walk to the door and open it to check is the light was left on or if he was in there.

"Are you ok baby? Are you in there?" I ask as I open the door more and I can hear the shower running so I open the door fully. Shower at 4AM?

When I walk closer into the bathroom, I can see him through the glass of the shower, he was sitting on the floor of the shower, he had his boxers on but nothing else and he stare at the wall, a blank expression on his face.

"What are you doing? It's 4AM" I quietly say walking closer to the shower to inspect what was happening. "You're scaring me Ace, can you tell me what's happening?" I ask but he remains how he was, sitting and not answering.

I decide to open the door to see what the fuck he was doing and my hand meets the freezing cold water. I gasp from the cold looking down at his whole body submerged under the freezing water.

"This water is freezing, what the fuck are you doing?" I yell as I reach over and try to turn the water off. I step into the freezing shower, sitting on the floor, fully clothed, not caring about my clothes getting wet.

I look at his face as it stay unmoved. I cup his jaw as I try to turn his face towards me trying to figure out what the fuck was happening. When I turn his face and his eyes meet mine, I see his face soften as his head drops and he suddenly starts sobbing.

woop 2 rewrites in one day, plus a chapter on the other story, 3 updates in one day!!

word count: 920