anything pt2

ACES POV

"I'm willing to give you a few minutes of being alone to decide what you want to do but I won't let you just not tell me" I tell her holding her chin up so she had to look at me and she had to listen.

"You want a few minutes?" I ask quietly. She simply nods her head lightly. I nod once in understanding, I lightly peck her lips before I turn around and walk to the staircase so I could go upstairs.

Right before I go up the staircase, I want to go outside for some fresh air so I swiftly turn around and peek my head to her as I again walk by and I don't want to invade the privacy I promised her but I saw her looking down at this piece of paper as he bites on her tip of her thumb.

I don't bother her and keep walking fighting the urge to ask her about it. I open the patio door and sit on the chair outside breathing in the cold evening air.

I think about what the problem could be, what that paper could possibly say. It couldn't be something horrible, right? 

As I'm sitting there sitting I remember she went out with Mama all day as I went with Dante to run some errands. I grab my phone from my pocket and call Mama quickly. She answers right away.

"Hi honey," she says. I can hear things banging in the background which I guess she was cooking.

"You went out with Aria today right?" I ask her. I can hear her kinda pause whatever she was doing before she answers.

"Um... correct," she says hesitating slightly.

"Did something that could make her upset and not want to tell me?" I ask her.

"Honey if Aria hasn't told you anything she isn't ready to tell you, I am in no place to reveal her business regardless of the fact that she is basically my daughter and you are my son, she will tell you once she's ready, don't push it," Mama sweetly tells me.

"So something did happen?" I ask.

"Ace," she warns me.

"Im sorry Mama but she won't tell me anything," I whine throwing my head back.

"Give her some time my son," Mama tells me.

"Ok, thanks," I mumble.

"Goodbye and good luck, I love you," she says.

"I Love you too," I say back before I hang up.

I put my phone back into my pocket and sit there looking at the people walking up and down the streets. I slightly snicker when a child falls dropping his ice cream cone splat on the floor.

As soon as his mom goes to pick him up, my phone buzzes in my pocket making me hurriedly rush to grab it.

I open my phone going to messages and see a message from Aria.

'Come back' is all it says. I lift off the seat, open the patio door and walk through the living room until I make it back to the kitchen.

I peek my head in to even make sure she was still there, which she was. I step through the doorway of the kitchen and see her sitting on the counter with the paper still in her hand.

"Baby?" I whisper. She lifts her head looking at me with her red face and teary eyes.

"What happened my love," I breathe out sighing and walking towards her with my arms out. I wrap my arms lightly around her waist, her forehead resting against my chest.

"What's this paper?" I ask her reaching for it before she moves it away from my hand not letting me grab it.

"Let me tell you," she whispers. She lifts her head off my forehead, deeply sniffling and wiping her eyes. I leave my hands on her lower thighs wanting to comfort her in the best way I could while she still felt down.