surprise

Avi is aliveeeeee. She's still 2
—————————————-
ARIA POV
"Ready butterfly," I ask Avi as I finish putting her shoes on her. She nods gripping her doll and sucking her thumb. I smile lifting her up in my arms and grabbing the big bag full of stuff to distract her and some other things.

We were on our way to surprise Ace at work, I knew he was having a stressful day today so having us there would surely lighten his mood.

He'd been texting me all day telling me how much he missed us and how much he wanted to hold me. He said he kept looking toward the couch in his room where Avi's toys lay and he kept imagining we were there which I found a bit creepy.

"See Daddy," Avi screams when I pull out of the driveway and start driving. "Yes," I scream back matching her energy. She giggles and turns her head outside looking at the buildings and trees.

The ride wasn't too long, about 15 minutes and we arrived to Aces work. I parked my car next to his, he had reserved a spot for me which I didn't like as I knew someone could use it as they were trying to get into work but he insisted the spot be mine right next to him.

He even had a sign made where it would usually say reserved, all it shows is a butterfly. It was brown and blue as Aces favourite colour was blue and my eyes were brown. Avi obviously being his butterfly. I cried when he showed it to me so now everytime I look at it, I smile.

I quickly unlock Avi and bring my bag along with us. She lays her head on my shoulder as I walk. It was nearing her nap time so she was starting to get tired.

When I walk into the building, I already hear the commotion of everyone screaming and walking around talking and doing work. A few people run past me as they scramble to get things done.

Ace was the head of everything so I assume everyone was doing everything for him. I greet the desk lady and she smiles at me with a warm bright smile.

"Hi Aria and baby Avi, Ace is in a meeting right now and there's about 30 minutes remaining, you can of course head up to his office, I can call in some water or snacks to his office," she offers and I smile.

"That would be great thank you," I say. I greet everyone else and then make my way to Aces office. Very few people had access to his office, he wanted it to the completely private, I didn't understand why but he said he didn't want the loud noise and he wanted us to have peace when we were here.

Avi actually stayed quite a bit at Aces office. He always wanted to take her with him, she had a whole corner of toys in his office, a crib in the back room when she was younger and she has a whole service of her favourite snacks whenever she wanted.

I click in the codes of the elevator so I could go up to his office. The code was the day the met, the second code was Avis birthday.

We finally make it to his office and it was obviously empty, the snacks I had asked for are already set up in the room, the nice butterfly napkin they always gave us.

Anything that came for Avi came with something butterfly. I think that was Aces touch. If she ordered a sandwich, it would be cut in a butterfly shape, her napkins are origami butterflies and the toothpicks in the sand which also have little butterflies on the tip.

I lay Avi down as she had fallen asleep on our way up. I lay her on the couch and sit beside her, opening up the sand which they had given and eating so as it would get soggy.

The sand which for Avi was a grilled cheese but I had a but sand which with all my favourite things inside. They gave us tomato soup and some chips. I had some water and Avi had some lemonade.