sick ace

ARIA POV
I open my eyes and meet pitch black and pure heat. Fuck me.

It was still dark out and I never wake up in the middle of the night so this means something is wrong. I look around uncomfortably feeling incredibly hot.

Ace lays on top of me and I already know he's the cause of this. I push him off making him wake up. Right as he wakes up the most aggressive sniffle shakes the entire world awake.

"Are you okay?" I ask already knowing he's sick. I put my hand against his forehead and sure enough he was boiling. I push the blanket off of us knowing we needed to cool down.

"Lay down you're sick," I say shaking my head. How the hell did he manage to get sick. How funny is it to think some random 3 year old took out a 20 year old 150 pound man.

"No i'm not," he says sitting up and trying to look energetic. His eyes are half closed and he's leaning over to the side.

"You're doing a good job there," I say going into the bathroom and pulling out the thermometer. I hand it to Ace who puts it in his mouth and waits until it beeps. The thermometer goes off and there it is. 102.3. Fever.

"I told you," I say grabbing the thermometer and throwing the box of kleenex at him. I also put out the holy grail Vicks to help with his congestion. It was a new bottle too so the burn would be extra good.

"Take your shirt off," I tell him. He slips it off and I don't even have time to admire it when I see the sweat dripping off him. Before I rub the Vicks in I grab the fan out of the closet and turn it on facing him.

"Thank you baby," he whispers clearly giving into the sickness and feeling weak.

"You're welcome," I say pushing rhe hair off his forehead and giving it a light kiss.

I dab his chest with a kleenex to get the dripping sweat off. I grab a big dollop of Vicks and start rubbing it all over his chest.

"Mm," is all he says nodding his head. "Good shit," he continues breathing deeply. I laugh while continuing to rub it in. I put some onto his nose as well to try and help the congestion.

"Need something else?" I ask him before we go back to sleep.

"Yeah," he says. I wait for him to continue but he doesn't.

"What do you need?" I ask looking at his closed eyes and open mouth.

"I need you to lay right here next to me and don't leave me," he says opening his eyes and looking at me. "Please" he continues. How could I ever say no to that. I get back in bed with him and put my head on his arm instead of his chest so I don't get Vicks in my hair.

"Good night," I say running my hand through his hair hoping to calm him down a bit.

"Good night beautiful," he says.

—————————————

I wake up a few hours later with Ace still sleeping soundly. He was on his side now thankfully facing the other way. I slip out of bed slowly going to the bathroom to freshen up. I always liked taking extra showers and extra long to do my self care when either me or someone i was close to was sick. It made me feel cleaner and better about it all.

After I finish up, I feel nice and clean so I go downstairs to the kitchen to start making breakfast. I knew Ace wouldn't be up for eating much cause he was feeling a bit nauseous and weak but he still needed a full breakfast to get him healthy.

I decide on some hash browns with toast and fruit. I knew he liked hash browns so hopefully if he really wasn't up for eating he would have that.

I fry up the hash browns first since they would take the longest as I wash up some fruits. Strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, apples and peaches. We wouldn't eat all of this but it was good to have some cut up fruit in the fridge.