anything

ARIA POV
I stumble around trying to find the apartment door in the dim lighting of the hallway. I try my best to compose myself so Ace doesn't worry, my expression sullen and dry.

I close my eyes and take a deep breath as I try and push all the emotions back. I feel a wave of tears come to my eyes but I do my best to blink it away. A forced small smile makes it onto my face as I aggressively wipe my eyes and sniffle my nose. When I feel slightly normal, I open the apartment door and walk through.

As soon as I step foot into the house, I smell delicious food. I almost feel better just smelling that but it wasn't enough. I put my coat on the hanger and put my purse on the hook as I slip my shoes off.

I walk through the hallway heading straight for the kitchen. I see Aces back at the stove as his arm flexes mixing something.

My expression wavers, eyes watering as I walk closer to him. I didn't want to make him feel bad and ruin a night he clearly tried to make nice.

Once I'm about a arms length away from him, he turns his head looking at me from his side eye. Once he realizes I was really there he fully turns around with a wide smile. He sets the spoon down and turns the heat down as to not burn it.

"Hi darling," he smiles even wider pulling me closer by the waist. I could see his smile drop a little bit as he looked between each eye but he quickly hides it and continues to smile.

"Hi," I mumble smiling and leaning up kissing him softly.

"Mm," he moans leaning back down and kissing me again. The kiss makes me subconsciously smile feeling all the dread wash away when I feel his touch on mine. As much as it made me forget it gave me a rush of overwhelming emotions making my eyes water again. I try my best to hold it back.

Ace pulls away slowly smiling as his eyes adjust to looking at me at such a close proximity. Once he was far enough to clearly see my face his eyebrows scrunched and he flinches away to see my face better.

Not wanting him to see my face and ask me what was happening, I look toward the stove where a covered pan sat.

"What'd you make?" I ask him moving my arm to open it and see.

"What happened?" he asks me moving his head so mine was in front of him instead of in front of the pan.

"Nothing I'm fine," I say looking him in the eyes and smiling. "I promise," I finish. I leave his grasp and move my back to him opening up the pan seeing a pot of sauce lightly bubbling.

"What's this?" I ask trying to not waver my voice. I can see Ace staring at my face from my peripheral vision but I still try and ignore it.

"What's wrong?" he asks again putting his hand against my waist and pulling me so my side was against his front. He rests his forehead against the side of my head and nudges his head forward as if telling me to say something.

"I said nothing," I shrug stirring the pot of sauce.

"Does it have to do with me?" he asks moving his head off mine but moving his head so it was leaned down toward the front of my face. "Im not going to force whatever it is out of you but I know something is wrong whether you say no or not," he continues.

"No," I simply say clearing my throat.

"Does it have to do with someone in my family?" he asks.

"No," I say.

"One of my friends?" he asks.

"No," I say.

"I feel like you're lying," he whispers turning the stove off and moving me away so I had nothing to distract myself with. He moves me by my waist until I was against the counter in the corner.

"Anything you need baby, I'm right here for whatever you need. You know I don't tolerate any type of shit from anyone especially my family when toward you. I don't care who it was just tell me and I'll try my best to fix it."

Hearing him say that caused more tears to rush out of my eyes but this time I knew I couldn't hide it and I had to tell him.

"I'm right here beautiful, I'm right here," he says holding my head against his chest, his other head around my waist. He picks me up and sets me on top of the counter. I slouch and stare at my hands on my lap as I cry and sniffle.

"You're scaring me baby tell me what happened please," he says lifting my face up and wiping the tears off my face.

"I don't like seeing you cry," he continues wiping the tears that continue to fall down my face. I make eye contact with him and see his own eyes starting to go red.

"Why are you crying?" I ask him him softly, my cries subsiding.

"Because you're crying and clearly something is going on with you but I don't know what so obviously I'm also gonna start crying," he says with a bit of anger and annoyance is his voice.

I couldn't just blurt it out...

i totally forgot about this thing and me posting so here this is that i've added words onto for the past like month (last time i posted)

so sorry for how horrible this is I have no idea where I was going with it and I also didn't come up with a ending as I wrote it like I always do so here's this half ended thing

if you guys can come up with a good reason as to why she was crying i'll make a part 2 but i have none

it's also rlly short so sorry about that too!

hope you enjoy!!

word count : 1028