Avi birthday

ARIA POV
"Did you get the cake?" I yell as I hear Kai walk through the front door. I could tell it was him just by his footsteps and the way he grunts as he tries to get his shoes off.

"Yes I did," he says coming toward me in the kitchen and setting a white box down.
"I got the cake, more chips and this fruit thing Mama told me to get" he says pulling everything out of the bags as he tells me what he got.

"Thank you Kai," I tell him giving him a quick hug before I turn back to what I was doing.

It was my baby's first birthday today and there was no way I could be happier. My beautiful baby girl was turning one years old today. Of course there was one thing that made this whole perfect day not so perfect and that was that Ace wasn't here. He left for a business trip not too long ago and the most important day of the trip landed exactly on my butterfly's birthday meaning he couldn't show up.

He kept calling me every few minutes wanting to talk to me or talk to Avi. I could tell he was sad that he couldn't be here, I was too but I'm glad we could at least have something together even though it was through the phone.

I was currently chopping up some vegetables to put in a platter. Some celery, carrots, peppers, cucumbers, baby tomatoes and broccoli. I was setting it up in a nice little dish to make it look all pretty, I had some cute little bowls too to put in the middle for dips as well.

Every time I had finished a task whether that be big or small I got a little more excited knowing it was all coming together exactly how it was meant to happen.

It was a beautiful gorgeous day outside, the sun was out with a slight breeze making it the perfect weather.

The decorator was here as well decorating with balloons and such outside where we were hosting ehe party.

I rented some bouncy castles and water slides for the kids as well so they could cool down and have lots of fun. I got the gazebo decorated as well for us adults to enjoy the shade and talk.

I feel like everything was exactly how it should be even though Ace wasn't here.

"Aria honey you doing ok?" Mama asks me as she comes down the stairs with my beautiful baby fresh out of the shower. Mama gave her a bath while I prepared the food.

"Yes Mama I'm doing ok, thank you for bathing Avi," I tell her smiling at both of us.

"You're very welcome honey," Mama says setting Avi down in her playpen with all her toys. Mama walks over to me and I really don't know how she does it but she immediately starts doing stuff that needed to be done. How she knew exactly what to do when to do it was absolutely crazy.

I was just thinking about how I needed to get the hummus out of the fridge to put in the dip bowls and what does Mama just happen to pull from the fridge and set next to me? the hummus.

"Chips in these?" she asks me pointing to pink plastic bowls.

"Yeah, but none of the spicy chips because those bowls are for the kids." I tell her. She nods and starts opening bags putting whatever chips in the plastic bowls.

I hear Avi squealing from the living room so I look over and she standing holding onto the edge of the playpen smiling bright as she looks at me and Mama.

"Hi baby," I say talking to her.

"Hello my grand baby," Mama coos.

"Ma-ma-ma-mama," Avi screams.

"Yes butterfly," I respond to her.

"Na-na-na-nana," she now says looking at Mama.

"Yes my girl," Mama says walking over to her holding baby crackers in her hand. She hands Avi one and I smile watching them play.