surprise

ARIA POV
2 WEEKS EARLIER
"It'll go by so quick," Ace reassured me as I wipe my tears from my face. Ace was leaving me to go on a stupid business trip that would go over my birthday.

I was so excited for my birthday considering it was the first year we would be living together and we could do everything and anything.

He hugs me closer trying to calm me down as we stand at the front door with his bags scattered on the floor. He would be gone for 2 weeks and I knew that it would be hard. We never spent 2 weeks away from each other.

He promised we would talk everyday and every night no matter how tired he was. The city he was going to had a different time zone, him being 4 hours ahead.

"I promise baby, it'll be ok. Ill talk to you everyday, every single day. We can sleep on facetime if you want. I know I can't hold you but i'll still be there in any way I can. I left some shirts for you and I might've taken a few of yours too." he reassured me as he laughs at the end. I laugh through my sniffles hugging him again.

"I do have to go now though," he say looking at the time on his phone. I whine when he says he had to leave so he hugs me closer. "I love you so much baby. It hurts me more than it hurts you. It's only 2 weeks, it'll be over before you know it" he says kissing me roughly. I hold onto his neck as I kiss him back.

"Fuck, i'll miss those lips," he whispers against my lips as he kisses me again. We pull away when we hear the cab honk. "I love you sweetheart" he whispers kissing my forehead. I whisper a I love you back and he walks out the door with a smile and a wink.
—————————————
ONE WEEK LATER
"How much longer," I ask as we sit on our beds, tired but still talking. It's been a week since Ace has left and it's good ok but lonely.

I can't show him my weird concoctions whenever I want, we can't watch TV together and most importantly we can't sleep together.

"They've decided we needed more work to do so they've extended it another week" he says looking for my reaction. I just stare at his face trying to comprehend what he had just said.

"What?" I ask wanting him to say it again so I could really comprehend. "I know baby, i'm so sorry but I can't do anything about it" he says sadly and I drop my head to my pillow.

"This stupid shirt is starting to lose your smell" I say showing him his shirt that now lays on top of my pillow. "Baby i'm the one who should be complaining, my smell is all over that fucking house, i'm the one with just these 2 shirts." he says and I sigh knowing he was right.

"I'm sorry," I say feeling bad I was being so clingy. "Hey don't apologize, if anything I kinda like it. I like how I always know you love me and need me around you. Makes me feel better about myself knowing how fucking much I need you" he says groaning into his pillow. I laugh at our neediness and sigh not knowing what to say.

"It's late and you probably have to wake up early" I say and he nods. "You're right" he says. "i miss you so fucking much." he groans moving the camera closer to his face as he kisses it.

"I miss you too" I say positing myself so I was lying down properly. I set my pillow so it was as if i was lying on his chest, positioning my phone so we could see each other.

"Good night my sweet girl," Ace coos as I listen to his soft, deep voice talk me to sleep. I soon fall asleep to his voice with his pillow close by me and the love from him all around me.
——————————————
PRESENT
It's now 2 weeks later and Ace should be coming home this week but because of that stupid extension he's saying another full week.

My birthday was in 3 days and I felt happy and sad. Ace had promised me he would get me something and he also promised he would make it up to me when he got back which I knew he would do.