dinner

"Aria!" I hear a voice yell in excitement as Ace and I walk into the house. Tonight Mama insisted on everyone having dinner together like she did ever weekend. It was basically a tradition now and I loved it.

I knew Ace was getting a little annoyed as he had been extremely busy the past few days, arriving home late and leaving early.

Though he always made sure to try and stay up as late as possible with me, talking about my day and making sure I was happy. I always woke up to something new, a beautiful vase of flowers inviting me into the kitchen with a cute note, breakfast in bed or just a simple good morning text if he was really busy.

As he was extremely busy the past few weeks, Mama making all of us come together and spend time together, we got even less time then we usually do. Ace was always grateful to spend time with his family but I knew he wanted some alone time.

"Coming Mama!" Ace yells back as I try to slip off my shoes. Ace holds my purse as I try to undo the strap of my heels.

"Why you wore heels when you knew we were taking them off, i have no idea," he laughs as I sit on the floor in an attempt to reach it easier.

"Leave me alone," I grumble finally getting one shoe off. "Mama told me we were eating out so I need to look good" I defend, getting the second one off and jumping to my feet, grabbing my purse back but failing as he holds it away from my hands.

"I'll hold it," he smiles grabbing my hand and pulling me toward the kitchen where I assume everyone else is. We walk into the kitchen, heading the commotion far from the kitchen. We walk in and I see more than I could have ever expected.

I see Kai fighting Sana over a dinner roll. I see Leo talking to his daughter who now sits in Illahs belly. Mama stands at the stove, stirring some sauce and Papa sits at the island table cheering on Sana as she successfully beats Kai's ass. All of the other brothers seem to be distracted as they are on their phones or are eating.

"What have we just walked into," Ace calmly says as his eyes are widened and they stare at everyone. "A circus. A fucking circus," Mama yells rolling her eyes and turning back toward her sauce. 

I pull Aces arms away from around my waist so I can walk to greet Mama but he pulls me back, I look up at him and he sulks, pulling me closer to him and walking with me. I sigh deciding to pull him with me as we walk toward Mama, swiftly avoiding Kai's leg that springs out as Sana bites it.

We make it to Mama and she squeals when she sees us. "Yes! My only calm children, finally you're here, save me my babies," she whines pulling us into a hug. I laugh hugging her back, pulling away I look over to the most delicious looking sauce that's ever been in my presence.

"That smells amazing," I groan pointing to the huge pot of sauce. "Perfect, I made triple the amount so I could give you guys some. Ace you better keep this beautiful girl, she knows all my recipes," Mama says pointing to me and narrowing her eyes at Ace.

He laughs hugging me closer and kissing my cheek. "Don't you worry Mama, she's not going anywhere," he says kissing my cheek and as Mama nods contently turning back to her sauce.

"Right?" Ace asks after a few seconds. I see a look of desperation in his eyes as he hopes I would answer back in the way he hoped I would. "Right," I smile. The biggest smile I've seen him do takes over his face and I can't help the smile coming to my face to. He leans down kissing me softly.

"Hey don't kiss near my sauce, you're gonna get your cooties in it," I hear a voice yell as their footsteps come closer. I pull away looking above Aces shoulder to the voice that said it.