mini series- reverse comfort 2

I listened to No Peace by Sam Smith (ft. YEBBA) while writing this
——————————————-
I look at his face as it stay unmoved. I cup his jaw as I try to turn his face towards me trying to figure out what the fuck was happening. When I turn his face and his eyes meet mine, I see his face soften as his head drops and he suddenly starts sobbing.

I don't speak one word as I hold his face in my chest. The cold water on my skin making me shiver but I didn't care, I needed to help him.

He continues sobbing as I just hold him close, we remain in that position until he finally calms down. I had no idea how long it had been but it felt like an eternity.

I could tell he was completely drained from crying as his face stay emotionless and his body limp against me.

I prop him up for a bit as I grab 2 towels to warm us up and dry off. I first reach for his shirt carefully and lift it above his head. He stares forward as he lets me do whatever I was doing.

I dry off his chest and then move to his face and hair. I carefully and very softly dry his face, his hair I just carelessly rub as I try to dry him off as fast as I could. He couldn't get sick.

"Can you get up?" I ask and he nods ever so softly, slowly standing up and standing there looking at the floor as he leaves me to do anything.

"I'm gonna take your pants off," I whisper as I unbutton his pants and slowly slide them off his legs. I remove it off his feet and throw it aside. He now stands in his boxers, I grab his clothes to bring them to the washer before he grabs my arm. I turn toward him and he shakes his head.

"You're gonna get sick," he whispers taking his clothes and throwing his on the floor. He pulls on the hem of my shirt, telling me to take them off.

"I'll be fine," I say leaving the clothes on the floor and taking his hand, walking toward the closet for some new clothes. I first leave him on the bed as I choose some sweatpants and a sweatshirt knowing he was cold.

I throw him some new boxers so we could change as I got his clothes. Once I walk back out he still looks as sad as before, his new boxers on as his wet ones are in his hands.

I hand him the new clothes and take the boxers and towel from his hand throwing them into the pile of his other clothes as I go to change my own.

I also wear sweatpants and a sweatshirt as I was completely frozen. When I walk back into the room, he's still sitting there, his clothes on now, emotionless and sad.

I walk toward him standing between his legs as I lift his face up to look at mine. I could see his face and eyes were completely red as if he was crying all day. He softly sniffles as he stares into my eyes.

"You need to tell me what happened," I say stroking his cheek. "I want to help you," I say.

"Kai was on a mission but it failed and now he's-" he explains but chokes up making him stop and take a few deep breaths. "in critical condition, they don't think he'll make it," he sobs again as he covers his mouth with his hand trying not to cry again.

My mouth drops open as I don't comprehend what he just said. "What?" I ask. I had heard him but I didn't want to believe it. There's no way.

"He's my baby brother Aria, he did everything for me and as did I. He's my baby brother and I couldn't protect him when he needed me the most. Now he's going to die and I can't do anything about it, I have to sit here and wonder if my favourite brother is going to live." he finally explains and my heart drops as I listen to what Kai is going through.

"He's not going to die," I say hugging him as I try not to cry myself. He's going to be ok. He has to.

"He's going to be ok," I say. "You don't know that," he says his voice cracking as he cries again. "He told me not to come with him, he's only a baby Aria, I told him I would come with him and help him but he insisted he would be okay, he told me he would be okay," he slightly yells.