just a drink

ARIA POV
I stumble into the bar doors as I look behind me making sure Gabe wasn't behind me. I look through the glass of the bar door and see him look around before turning around and running the other way. I sigh against the door and take a few deep breaths before moving away from the door.

I look around at all the people cheering, drinking and talking, drinks being poured at the bar and even some people kissing.

I take a seat at the bar, seemingly the only free spot left. A bartender comes up to me soon after asking me what I want. I only order a ginger ale not wanting to get drunk and do some things I really don't want to deal with when I'm sober.

The bartender gives me my drink and I pay him the very expensive $2.50 for just a glass of ginger ale. Taking small drinks of it to catch my breath I just sit and listen to the very loud conversations that are going on around me.

I keep my eye on the door too in case Gabe were to come in. Gabe is the type of ex to enter every single store, restaurant, bar or even house to find me. That man would not stop until he knew where I was so I knew I couldn't stay here long.

We had broken up almost 2 months ago and he kept trying to contact me, clearly I was the one to break off the relationship. He insisted on the fact that I was the reason for his problems and that I was the only one that could fix them. How I could be the issue and the solution at the same time I have no idea.

I feel as though a lot of people would take that as something to be scared of and to stay in the relationship when someone says they would do bad stuff to themselves if you were to break up with them but I felt the quite opposite.

I didn't stand for any of it and immediately left. He can do whatever he wants to himself if he wishes, I told him I would help him if he needed it and that I could give him the help that he needed but he never listened so... I left.

"Rough day?" I hear a rough voice say from behind me as I hear a chair scratch the floor.

I don't respond because I figured he wasn't talking to me.

"I'll leave you alone if you wish but you'll have to tell me," he continues. I look up and see a good looking man with dark hair, tan skin and bright straight teeth.

"Sorry?" I say not realizing he was talking to me.

"I just asked if you were having a rough day, and then I asked if you wanted to be alone," he says again.

"Oh no it's ok you can sit there," I say figuring he just needed a seat.

"Are you offering me a seat or offering a conversation?" he asks again smiling slightly.

"It depends," I say swirling the straw in my drink.

"On?" he asks flagging down the bartender. "Can I get you a drink," he asks me as the bartender stands in front of us waiting.

I do a tight smile as I lift my glass pointing it toward him and taking a chug of it.

"Right," he mutters before he starts talking to the bartender. I turn my head toward the front door, my head telling me a certain someone was about to burst through the doors.

Right as I'm turning my head back I hear a drink slam onto the table in front of me. My head whips to the front as another ginger ale sits next to my empty glass.

"I don't need another drink," I say pushing it back toward him.

"Aw c'mon it's not alcohol or anything I promise I wouldn't do that, plus yours is empty I don't want to be the only one drinking. I'm drinking whiskey if anyone would be the drunk one to take advantage of it would be me," he says pushing the drink back toward me.