home

"Done" I whisper to myself as I put the finishing touches on the dinner I prepared for me and Ace. Ace had been working super hard so I wanted to surprise him with a nice dinner.

'Hey are you gonna be home soon?' I text Ace as I place the bowl of pasta on the table.

'I'm so sorry darling. The guys keep screwing up so I gotta stay later, I'll be there as soon as I can, I love you baby :(' He texts me back instantly.

I sigh in disappointment as I take the pot of pasta off the table and set it back on the stove, I take out enough for me and reheat it before setting the rest in containers and in the fridge. I sit on the couch with all the garlic bread since it would get soggy if I left it.

I turn on the TV and rebinge Jane the Virgin. I almost cry from how good the pasta tasted but i guess Ace couldn't taste it fresh. i don't care.

After I finish the pasta and all 5 pieces of bread, leaving 1 for Ace since I felt bad he wouldn't get to taste my famous garlic bread. Famous in this house.

I know he's just trying to make more money for us, even though we have plenty, sometimes I wish he would just leave them be and come home. Sighing again, I turn on some up beat music and scream the lyrics. Cleaning all the dishes and putting everything in the fridge as leftovers.

I place a serving of pasta and a single piece of bread, instead of his serving of 3 and place it in the microwave with a note taped to the microwave. Feeling a little petty i decide to write a letter that made him feel a little bad.

Dinner. I prepared your favourite with a candle light but it's ok. I cleaned everything up so don't worry about that. Preheat it however you want, i'll probably be sleeping, there's more in the fridge if you want except bread, be happy i left you one piece. 😘

PS. yes that's cookies you smell, and no there's none left'

"That should do it" i say to myself slapping it onto the microwave with a photo of the candlelight dinner I prepared, making sure to also tape a photo of my outfit, his favourite dress.

I quickly bake only 4 cookies since all i needed was the smell and I was full on bread. Eating those 4 I close the windows and doors and leave the oven open so the smell really goes all around the house.

I sit back on the couch and continue my binge watching.

ACES POV
"WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU" i scream as I grab the paperwork from one of my workers hands. I was really agitated since this man has done the same paperwork 4 times, screwing it up everytime. It was simple paperwork, put in order of date and then put it in the pile of what the subject is. It's not that fucking hard.

I've been here for 10 hours now and all I want is to go home and sleep in Arias arms. I haven't seen her in 10 hours, 10 fucking hours. Now these fools still haven't finished and I have to stay longer.

I could tell Aria had something planned from the way she sounded all day on the phone and the way she texted when I was coming home. And I just had to screw it up. She's gonna be so mad, I have to make it up to her. I make a mental note to pick something for her before I get home.

"I'm sorry sir give me one more try" the man pleads as he tries to take the papers out of my hands. "No fuck off i'll do it myself" I say making him quickly run away. Sorting the papers all i think about is Aria. She'll be cooking, eating, watching TV and fucking sleeping alone. I need to hear her voice.

I quickly pull out my phone to dial her number. Her phone continues ringing before I hear her sweet voice on her voicemail. fuck, she must be mad.