Chapter 1 - New Beginnings

"Hello?" a sweet voice rang through the quiet station of the 118, "Is anyone here?" The woman behind the voice appears from behind a fire truck. She is grasping the strap of her purse tightly with both hands, nervously walking through the large room.

"Hi! Can I help you?" asked the firefighter who was stocking up the medical supplies on the truck. He sets down the bag of gauze he was holding and walks over to meet her half way. She looks at his kind face, her expression showing a slight sign of relief, although it quickly reverted back.

"Uhh... Yeah... I'm looking for Bobby Nash?" the woman says almost questioningly, looking around, as if was afraid.

"Yeah of course. Can I ask your name?" the man asks. He looks her up and down to make sure she's not in distress. She's young, probably not more than twenty-five or twenty-six. He looks at her face, which is numb from emotions, the only thing giving away her fear was her posture and the right grip in her purse.

"Addie..." another voice echos from the loft, the voice of captain Bobby Nash. Addie slowly looks up to see Bobby leaning over the railing, a confused look in his eyes. The man looks back and forth between the two of them, equally as confused.

"Addie." she says softly, looking at the floor.

"Well, I guess you two know each other... I'll bring you up then... I'm Chimney." he offers a hand to Addie, which she shyly shakes. They awkwardly make their way to the staircase at the other side of the room. Chimney can feel the tenseness in Addie's grasp.

"Addie..." Bobby says as they reach the top of the stairs. He looks over her longingly.

"Mr. Nash." Addie nods her head, and looks over to Chimney with a smile, "Thank you, Chimney."

"You are very welcome, Addie." Chimney looks over at Bobby who nods his head in the direction of the stairs, "And that is my cue to leave. It was nice meeting you."

"Thank you, Chimney. It was nice meeting you, too." Addie smiles over her shoulder as Chimney makes his way down the stairs. Slowly, she looks back at Bobby.

"Addie. What are you doing here? So far from home?" Bobby asks, putting a hand on her shoulder.

"Mom told me I could find you here... I... I joined the LAPD and thought it would be nice to have someone I know to talk to..." Addie awkwardly grabs her arm, "I know we haven't seen each other since..."

"Since I killed your aunt and cousins?" Bobby cuts her off.