Chapter 52 - Push

"Fancy seeing you here." Athena says as she steps out of the patrol car, the 118 was already on scene at the crash.

"I would say so." Bobby laughs, "It's a big one."

"It is indeed." Athena looks down the highway to see at least twenty cars and trucks packed together.

"Don't worry. A few other stations are already on their way." Bobby smirks, as he pulls her in for a kiss.

"I wasn't worried. I know that you are always a step ahead." Athena looks over at Addie.

"I'll just ignore the fact that I just witnessed that." Addie rocks on her heels with her hands shoved deep into her pockets.

"I've witnessed you and Chimney kissing... You're going to be ok." Bobby laughs.

"Bobby!" Chimney yells from down the highway.

"What is it, Chim?" Bobby asks, running up.

"She's in labor." Chimney says as he looks down at the woman screaming in the backseat of a car. She is covered blood and her arm is dangling by a small piece of skin. The driver of the car was killed on impact, presumably the father of the baby.

"We've got to keep her alive long enough to have this baby. With the amount of blood she has lost, there's no way she will make it through labor." Chimney whispers in Bobby's ear.

"Athena! Bring me a med-kit. We need a tourniquet, and as many rags and towels as you can find." Bobby yells. He crouches down next to Chimney who is in position, ready to deliver the baby. Athena comes running up with all of the supplies that they needed.

"Oh my god." she whispers, setting the things on the ground. Addie walks up behind them and watches over Chimney's shoulder.

"I'll apply the tourniquet, you keep her calm." Bobby looks at Athena.

"I'm on it." Athena runs to the other side of the car and climbs in behind the woman, "My name is Sargent Athena Grant, I'm here to help you." The woman looks into Athena's eyes and nods her head.

"Do you got this, Chimney?" Bobby looks at Chimney, who seems nervous, "I can get Hen to come help if you need her."

"I've got it, cap." Chimney takes a deep breath.

"I'm right here if you need anything." Bobby places his hand on Chimney's shoulder.

"Alright, another contraction is coming. Are you ready to push?" Chimney looks up at the woman, and she nods her head, "Ready... Push!"