Chapter 39 - Beautiful

"I'm coming!" Addie says as she runs to the door, trying to clip her necklace. "Howie!" She opens the door to see Chimney standing there with a bouquet of roses.

"Addie. You look... Gorgeous." Chimney looks up to meet her eyes.

"And you look handsome." Addie looks at him, still trying to clip her necklace.

"Here, let me help you!" Chimney sets the roses down on the floor and reaches around Addie's neck to clip the necklace, "There you go."

"Thank you." Addie says, picking up the roses off the floor, "Let me put these in some water really quick, and then I will be ready."

"Sounds good." Chimney smiles as he steps inside and shuts the door.

"You do know that we live together, right?" Addie laughs as she places the roses in a vase.

"Yeah, why?" Chimney looks confused.

"You knocked." Addie says.

"I thought it would be more romantic... That's why I got ready before I left the firehouse." Chimney shrugged, "You ready?"

"Yes! Just let me grab my purse." Addie smiles and runs back to her room. They walk down to the car and Chimney opens Addie's door for her. "Howie, you don't have to do that."

"Ah but I do." Chimney says as he runs around to the driver's seat. He drives them to a beautiful restaurant right in the mountains of Hollywood.

"Chimney, this looks expensive... Are you sure you are ok with this?" Addie asks as Chimney opens her door and she gets out.

"One hundred percent." Chimney grabs her waist and walks with her to the door. After they finish eating, Chimney takes Addie on a walk up a path in the mountains.

"This is so beautiful." Addie says.

"It's not as beautiful as you." Chimney smiles.

"Oh stop." Addie laughs as they walk through the garden at the restaurant.

"It's true. You're the most beautiful thing I've ever laid my eyes on." Chimney slowly falls behind her so she can't see him.

"I'm not so sure about that." Addie turns around to see Chimney down on one knee. She gasps and covers her mouth.

"Addelaide Morris, I love you with all my heart. I don't want to spend another day without you by my side. You are my best friend, and the love of my life. I want to share my future with you. I want to share everything with you... Will you marry me?" Chimney asks as he pulls a ring out of his pocket.