Chapter 36 - Serious

"Well... That was quite an eventful day." Addie says as her and Chimney walk through the front door of Chimney's apartment.

"Yes it was... And man my head hurts." Chimney says as he pulls the ice pack off.

"I bet. I'm sorry babe." Addie kisses his cheek.

"It's all good." Chimney leans against the counter.

"I still can't believe Uncle Bobby pushed you." Addie says.

"I mean, it's partly my fault. I was the one who wanted to go spy on Buddie." Chimney laughs.

"Buddie?" Addie looks at him. She walks into the kitchen and grabs a bottle of water.

"Yeah... Buck and Eddie. We all call them that." Chimney laughs, "Can I have one?"

"Yes, you can. Wait... Do they have a name for us?" Addie asks as she hands Chimney the bottle in her hand and grabs another one out of the fridge.

"Oh yeah. They've been calling us Chaddie since day one." Chimney laughs.

"Chaddie?" Addie gets a funny look on her face.

"Chimney and Addie. Chaddie." Chimney takes a drink of his water.

"Oh jeez. Feeling the love!" Addie chuckles.

"They care enough to pay attention." Chimney smiles.

"I guess that is true." Addie says as she opens the fridge.

"Hey, Ad... On a more serious note... I have a question for you." Chimney says as he lifts himself up to sit on the counter.

"Sure... What's up?" Addie turns around to look at him.

"Since you've been staying here a lot recently, I was wondering if maybe you would want to move in with me?" Chimney looks at her nervously as he fiddles with his water bottle.

"Of course, Howie. I would love to move in with you." Addie smiles at him. She turns back to the fridge and starts moving things around, trying to find something for dinner.

"Wait... That actually worked?" Chimney looks at her.

"Why wouldn't it?" Addie asks.

"I don't know... I mean we've only been dating a few months." Chimney shrugs.

"We may have only been dating for a few months, but we've been through a lot. I think we are ready for it." Addie says as she pulls a bag of leftover pizza out of the fridge.

"Good... Yeah, good. I think we are too... I mean, obviously, that is why I asked." Chimney says as he lets his feet fall to the floor. He grabs the bag of pizza in her hands and pulls out a piece.