Chapter 54 - Glass

"Bobby!" Hen yells as a semi bursts in to flames behind him. Bobby throws himself out of the way landing on the ground.

"I'm alright." Bobby stands up and brushes the dirt off of himself, "Diaz. Buckley. I need you over here." Buck and Eddie run towards the cab of the semi. When he reaches the truck, Buck smashes the window on the driver's side door.

"I don't see anyone in here, cap!" Buck yells, looking through the smoke.

"Yeah, me either." Eddie says.

"That's because I got out." a man coughs behind Buck. He is covered in soot and red from blood and burns. Buck turns around and runs towards him. The man falls into Buck's arms just as Eddie runs over.

"What happened?" Eddie asks, kneeling down as Buck gently lowers the man to the ground.

"I... I don't know. He just passed out into my arms. I didn't even get to check over him before he passed out. I just know that he somehow got out of that truck before we got to it." Buck says.

"Hen!" Eddie yells. He leans over and places his ear above the man's mouth, listening for breathing and watching to see if his chest was rising.

"What happened?" Hen comes running over with a med-kit draped over her shoulder.

"I broke open the cab window to look for him, but he had somehow already gotten out. I didn't notice him because I was too focused on getting someone out of the cab. Once I got to him, he passed out in my arms." Buck says.

"He's not breathing." Eddie says.

"I can't find a pulse!" Hen says, as she feels around the man's neck and wrists. She drops the med-kit off of her shoulder and starts doing compressions, "Eddie, grab the bag valve mask out of my bag."

"Here." Eddie hands it to her.

"Breath dammit!" Hen yells as she places the mask over the man's face and squeezes the pump. After a few seconds, the man coughs and starts to regain consciousness.

"Buck. Are you alright?" Eddie looks over, noticing blood on Buck's neck.

"What do you mean? I'm fine." Buck says, somewhat confused.

"You're bleeding." Eddie points. Buck puts his hand on his neck and feels the stickiness of the blood.

"Oh shit. I am." Buck feels around to find the source of the bleeding and his eyes get wide.

"What? What is it?" Eddie leans forward and grabs Buck's shoulder.

"It's... It's glass." Buck says as his fingers run across the shard.

"Oh my god." Eddie looks into Buck's eyes.