Chapter 81 - Another

"Addie!" Chimney rushes to her bedside. Bobby stops in the doorway to give them some space. A few hours have passed and Addie was finally awake.

"Howie?" Addie asks, groggily.

"I'm right here, Addie." Chimney grabs her hand in his.

"What... What happened?" Addie looks around.

"You got shot... You just got out of surgery a few hours ago." Chimney says.

"I got what?!" Addie's eyes grow wide.

"You were shot." Chimney hangs his head, "But Athena saved your life. She slowed down the bleeding a lot."

"Where is everyone?" Addie asks, looking around, "Where's Athena?"

"I had them wait outside for a few minutes... There's something that I need to tell you." Chimney says as he carefully sits on the edge of her bed.

"What is it?" Addie looks into his eyes.

"Well..." Chimney sighs.

"Is there something wrong?" Addie starts to get worried.

"Addie... You're pregnant. They found out while you were in surgery... But don't worry, the baby is completely fine." Chimney kisses her hand.

"Wait... I'm pregnant?" Addie looks at him with wide eyes.

"Yes." Chimney nods as he starts to cry again.

"You're lying." Addie stares at him.

"I swear, I'm not lying." Chimney squeezes her hand, "You really are pregnant."

"I'm pregnant." Addie smiles as she leans her head back into the pillow, "We're pregnant."

"We are." Chimney smiles, "Are you excited?"

"I mean... I don't know... I think so. This is all just so sudden." Addie says, "Like... We didn't even have any signs of being pregnant..."

"I know. But, we are... So... How do you feel about it?" Chimney asks.

"I'm alright with it. We did want another baby at some point... Don't worry, I'll get more excited as reality sets in." Addie smiles.

"Congratulations." Bobby says from the doorway.

"Uncle Bobby! I didn't realize you were there." Addie looks at him.

"It's alright. I know you were more focused on finding Chimney." Bobby smiles, "And I totally understand that."

"Yeah..." Addie looks down, "I take it you knew?"

"I did. I was with Chimney when he found out..." Bobby smirks, "Another baby, huh?"

"Another baby." Chimney smiles.

"I'm sure that Kevin will be very happy to be a big brother." Bobby says.

"I bet he will." Chimney says.

"Well... This was one hell of a way to find out that I'm pregnant, huh?" Addie laughs.

"It sure was." Chimney kisses her, "I'm just glad that you're alright."