Chapter 11 - Friends

"Ok, cap. I know what you're thinking, but I promise nothing happened... Well, a kiss happened, but that's it. I took Addie back to my place last night, not because I wanted to sleep with her or any of that, but because I care about her and I wanted her to be safe. I'm sorry that I didn't get to tell you on my terms, but I hope this at least helps." Chimney rambles and stares at the ground.

"Woah woah woah. Hold up. You kissed her?" Bobby says as a smile creeps into the corner of his mouth.

"Yes. And I'm sorry. If this changes the way you feel about me in any way, I completely understand. If you want me to take a few days off, I totally understand." Chimney says still staring at the ground.

"Chimney, Chimney. Calm down. I'm not mad at you. If anything, I'm relieved." Bobby chuckles. He watches as Chimney's eyes move back and forth trying to figure out if he heard him correctly.

"Wait. What?" Chimney looks up at Bobby confused.

"Chimney, you're a great guy. She could have done a lot worse in Los Angeles." Bobby smirks.

"Uhh... Thanks, I guess?" Chimney rubs the back of his head.

"Chimney... I knew you liked her from the moment I first saw you interact." Bobby laughs, and puts his hand on Chimney's shoulder.

"You mean the day she got here?" Chimney blushes.

"The moment you two walked up the stairs... I saw the way you looked at her when you turned to leave."

"Damn." Chimney huffed.

"It's ok, Chimney. I'm not mad." Bobby smirks.

"You're one of my best friends, cap. I wouldn't do anything to hurt you or our friendship."

"I know you wouldn't, Chim. I've known you long enough to know that you wouldn't even try to hurt a fly."

"Should I take offense to that?" Chimney laughs.

"I wouldn't." Bobby laughs too. Chimney all of a sudden goes quiet and looks at Bobby.

"So... Does this mean you wouldn't be absolutely pissed at me if I asked her out on a date?" Chimney chuckles nervously.

"I wouldn't be pissed. I'll be protective... But I won't be pissed." Bobby smiles.

"Can I give you a hug?" Chimney says, trying not to cry from anxiousness.

"Come over here, Chim." Bobby laughs as he gives him a hug.

"If this goes well, maybe you'll be calling me nephew." Chimney laughs.

"Don't push it." Bobby says.