Chapter 70 - Judgement

"Are you mad at Athena?" Bobby asks as he helps carry the suitcases into Chimney and Addie's apartment. The short car ride dragged on with the tension that had built up.

"Well, I'm definitely not happy with her, if that's what you're asking." Addie says, setting Kevin's car seat on the counter. She turns and walks over to grab one of the suitcases without making eye contact with Bobby.

"She really didn't mean to hurt you, Addie. I promise." Bobby sighs as he walks over to her, but she moves in the other direction.

"She didn't tell me, Uncle Bobby... That is something pretty important to know about your partner. It could influence the way she approaches things in the future. You hid it from me too." Addie says, walking to the bedroom with the suitcase.

"Addie. Listen to me..." Bobby follows her into the bedroom.

"What if I don't want to?" Addie says, trying to close the door.

"Addie. It was a traumatic event for her. I'm sorry that she doesn't want to bring it up, or have anyone else bring it up for that matter." Bobby carefully pushes open the door.

"I really don't want to talk about this right now." Addie says, starting to unpack her bag.

"Listen, Addie. I'm sorry that we didn't tell you." Bobby says as Chimney walks into the room.

"You should be. That's a huge thing not to tell someone. Especially someone who works next to her every single day. I put my life in her hands. What if something happens?" Addie finally makes eye contact with Bobby.

"Are you saying that you don't feel safe with her being your partner?" Bobby sighs.

"I don't know anymore. All it takes is one thing to trigger her and I'm on my own. Thankfully it hasn't happened yet because I wouldn't have had any warning at all." Addie sat down on the edge of the bed.

"Addie. She won't leave you hanging." Chimney says quietly.

"How do you know? What if one day it hits her, and she loses it? What then? We have Kevin to think about, now, Howie." Addie says.

"I know. I know. Kevin has changed our outlook on life. But you can't let that cloud your judgement on your partner." Chimney puts his hand on her shoulder, "She's the best police officer I know other than you."