Chapter 55 - Lift

"Buck. Are you alright?" Hen asks, moving over to him.

"Yeah. I'm fine. Worry about him." Buck points to the man laying on the ground.

"I've got him breathing again. I will get another team of paramedics over here to take him to the hospital." Hen says, grabbing the radio on her shoulder, "I have a man over here that needs transport. CPR was performed, and he is breathing again."

"Go help other people then. I'm alright." Buck tries to stand up, but he stumbles around before falling to his knees.

"Buck!" Eddie says as he grabs onto Buck.

"Get him to an ambulance. I'm going to get Bobby and I will be right there." Hen instructs. She gets up and runs around the burning semi, the trailer was now too engulfed in flames. Another station was already working on controlling the fire.

"Buck, you have to stay alive. I can't lose you. I just got you." Eddie says, hugging his arms around Buck's shoulders.

"I promise. I am alright." Buck says weakly, he reaches up to his neck and tries to pull at the piece of glass. Eddie puts his hand over his.

"You know I can't let you do that." Eddie gently moves Buck's hand.

"But it hurts." Buck says, his eyes start to wander.

"I know it does. But as soon as you take that glass out, you will bleed out, and I can't let that happen, alright?" Eddie kisses Buck's hand. Buck nods as he drifts off, "Buck! Wake up! Bobby! Hen!"

"What happened?" Hen asks, running back over to them with Bobby trailing behind.

"He went unconscious. I tried to keep him awake and talking, but I couldn't." Eddie cries.

"It's alright, Eddie. Hen will take care of him." Bobby places a hand on Eddie's shoulder, "Hen, you go get a gurney and a backboard, I will stay here with Eddie and Buck."

"On it, cap." Hen runs off. She begins talking to another paramedic about borrowing their ambulance. He nods his head and points her in the direction of it.

"Hen is back with an ambulance, Buck." Bobby says as Hen drives up, "We need you to stay with us, ok?"

"Here's the backboard." Hen hands the board over to Bobby. He and Eddie carefully slide it underneath Buck, as Hen brings over a gurney."

"Ready?" Bobby looks at Eddie as they grab the handles on the sides of the backboard. Eddie nods. "3... 2... 1... Lift!"