Chapter 60 - Ours

"Is that the baby from the accident?" Hen points, and Chimney nods his head.

"Why do you have... Wait." Eddie looks up at them.

"He's ours." Addie places her hand on Chimney's arm, and looks down at the baby.

"You had a baby?" Buck looks up, still a little out of it from the anesthesia.

"I thought he just needed stitches?" Chimney whispers as he looks at Hen.

"He's a big tough guy, until you try to put a needle into his neck... The doctors decided it was safer for them to put him under." Hen laughs.

"Ahh. I see." Chimney smirks.

"When did Addie have a baby?!" Buck asks a little louder this time.

"I didn't have a baby, Buck... We are going to adopt him. For now we are just his foster parents." Addie laughs.

"How can he be your baby if you didn't have him?" Buck looks at Eddie confused.

"It's alright, Buck. We will explain later." Eddie pats the top of Buck's head.

"But Addie wasn't pregnant." Buck holds his hands out.

"I know she wasn't pregnant, Buck. It's alright." Eddie kneels down beside Buck.

"Wait, if you're only his foster parents, do you still get to pick out his name?" Hen asks.

"Yep." Chimney smiles.

"Well, do you have one?" Eddie asks.

"We do." Addie looks up at Chimney with a smile on her face.

"Meet Kevin Kwan Han." Chimney pulls the blanket back from the baby's face.

"I love it." Hen smiles.

"Is there a story behind it?" Eddie asks.

"Yes. As you know, my best friend and practically my brother, Kevin Lee was killed in a fire years ago... So that's why he is Kevin. And his middle name, Kwan, means 'one who is strong' in Korean." Chimney explains.

"And this little guy is very strong. He has already been through so much." Addie kisses Kevin's forehead.

"He sure has." Hen says, "I mean how could he not be after being born in the middle of a pileup on the highway."

"Exactly." Addie smiles, "Would you like to hold him?"

"Can I?" Hen looks at her, excitedly.

"Of course." Chimney carefully places Kevin into Hen's arms.

"Oh my goodness. You are so tiny! Yes you are!" Hen says as she grabs his little hand to inspect it, "Look at those little baby fingers! Oh, now I want another baby."

"Well this one is ours. You'll have to find your own." Chimney laughs.