Chapter 38 - Date

"Did you know that Jenny is bi?" Chimney asks as he opens the door to the apartment.

"Welcome home." Addie laughs, "Are you asking because of her updated relationship status?"

"Yes... How did you know about that?" Chimney looks at her.

"I'm still friends with her on Facebook." Addie says.

"Oh... I guess that makes sense then." Chimney sets his bag on the floor next to the couch and kicks off his shoes.

"So what did you think when you found out Jenny was dating Captain Strand's daughter?" Addie asks as she sets their dinner on the table. Chimney walks over to the fridge.

"Honestly, shocked. I never expected her to be bi... Not that being bi is a bad thing... I just didn't expect it from her." Chimney says as he pours a beer for him and wine for Addie.

"How do you think Buck is taking it?" Addie asks.

"I mean... I'd say he's pretty confused... He didn't say much all day. I think he was just trying to wrap his head around the whole thing... Either that or he's thinking he turned her." Chimney laughs.

"Wow." Addie chuckles.

"Hey, it could've happened!" Chimney says.

"Well... Yes... But probably not..." Addie sits down.

"Yeah, you're right." Chimney sits down across from her, "This smells good."

"I'm glad." Addie laughs, "I just hope it tastes as good as it smells."

"On a to a completely different subject." Chimney swallows a bite of food, "But I was thinking we need to go out on a nice date this weekend."

"Why is that?" Addie looks at him. She takes a bite of her food, and looks back over at him.

"It's been too long since I've treated my girl to a fancy dinner." Chimney leans back.

"It hasn't been that long... But if you insist, I wouldn't mind a fancy date. It gives me an excuse to dress up!" Addie takes a drink of her wine.

"Do you have a shift on Saturday?" Chimney asks.

"Nope!" Addie smiles.

"Alright, then it's a date." Chimney raises his glass to toast to Addie.

"It's a date." Addie smirks.