Chapter 72 - My Girl

"Do you know how weird it is to be the best man at my niece's wedding?" Bobby smirks as Chimney walks into his and Athena's house. Eddie, Buck, Carlos, TK, and Owen were all sitting in the kitchen. 

"How weird?" Chimney laughs as he  walks up and gives Bobby a hug. 

"Buck and Eddie were trying to get me to take you to a strip club, but I wouldn't let them. I won't do that to my niece." Bobby says. 

"I wouldn't have gone anyway." Chimney smirks and walks over to greet TK, Carlos, and Owen, "Hey guys! I'm glad you could make it!" 

"The girls were here for Addie's bachelorette party Friday night, so we figured we could all come together." Owen shrugs. 

"Well, I'm glad." Chimney says. 

"Of course we're here, man. You've been a great friend to us." TK stands up and gives Chimney a hug. 

"Congratulations, again." Carlos smiles. 

"Thanks." Chimney says, "See, Bobby. You're good at this whole best man thing." 

"I never said that I wasn't. I just said that it is weird being the best man at my niece's wedding... It's also still weird that my best friend is marrying my niece... But that's a topic for a different time." Bobby laughs. 

"Awe, is my new uncle uncomfortable?" Chimney elbows Bobby's arm. 

"Oh my god. Please don't call me your uncle." Bobby chuckles, "That is just weird." 

"Why is it weird?" Chimney smirks. 

"You know why." Bobby rolls his eyes. 

"Do I though?" Chimney crosses his arms. 

"So, anyways, are you ready to hear what we've got planned?" Bobby tries to change the subject.  

"Sure." Chimney laughs as he sits down on a stool. 

"First, we're going bowling. After that I got us reservations to go mess around at the batting cages. Then I'm taking you all to a bar." Bobby smiles. 

"We don't have to go to a bar, Bobby... I know you don't drink." Chimney says. 

"Nonsense. We're going to a bar, and you're going to like it!" Bobby smirks.

"Bobby..." Chimney says. 

"Don't argue with me, Chimney. I am your best man, and what I say goes tonight." Bobby puts his hands on his shoulders, "It's the least I can do in return of you taking care of my girl."

"Your girl?" Chimney smiles.

"Yeah. When she was younger, after her dad died, she called me her dad... And it finally feels like I am again." Bobby grins from ear to ear.