Chapter 45 - Counting On

"Jamie!" Buck yells over and over as he scans the area around the bus.

"Buck! Slow down. Let us take over." Bobby yells, running up to Buck.

"No! I gave to find Jamie." Buck screams.

"Buck. You need to let us take over. You are too emotionally involved." Eddie grabs Buck's shoulders.

"Help." Buck hears a man's faint voice.

"Did you hear that?" Buck asks.

"Hear what?" Eddie asks, confused. Buck pulls himself out of Eddie's grasp and runs.

"I found someone!" Buck yells as he runs towards the voice, "We've got two over here! Bring a backboard!" Buck kneels next to the man.

"Help her... She has a girlfriend." the man whispers and points to the unconscious woman next to him.

"We are going to help both of you. Don't worry. What's your name?" Buck asks.

"I'm Chase. She's Jamie." Chase says.

"Aimee. She's Jenny's girlfriend! Bobby! Eddie! Over here!" Buck yells.

"Buck." Eddie runs over.

"We've got it, Buck. You take a step back." Bobby says as he reaches Aimee and Chase, "Chim! Hen! Bring the backboard! We have a spinal."

"Got it, Cap!" Chimney yells back as he runs from the ambulance.

"Jenny can't lose Jamie. Please. Please save her." Buck yells as Addie holds him back.

"It's going to be alright, Buck. I promise." Addie says as she looks into his eyes.

"I know she's not my fiancée or girlfriend anymore... But Jenny needs to be happy." Buck cries.

"We know, Buck, but we need you to back up. Stay with Addie, alright? We will do our best work if you aren't in our way."
Bobby says.

"I won't be in the way though." Buck says.

"Yes, yes you will." Addie says as she pushes Buck back, "We need you to let them do their job."

"It's my job too." Buck cries.

"I know it is. But you are to personally involved to be working on this, alright Buck?" Addie stands tall and looks him in the eyes.

"You don't scare me." Buck says as he tries to push past her.

"Oh, I don't?" Addie says as she grabs his arm and pins it behind his back and puts her fingers in a pressure point on his neck, causing him to fall to his knees.

"Ok... Maybe you do." Buck says as he sat back on his feet, "I just need Jamie to be ok. Jenny is counting on me."