Chapter 21 - Difference

"So, Addie... Things are going well with Chimney, it seems." Bobby asks after Chimney fell asleep.

"Actually, yeah. Things are going really well. I really like him." Addie blushes and looks at her hands.

"You mean you love him?" Bobby looks at her.

"Well... Yeah... I do love him." Addie looks up at Bobby, "Is there something wrong with that, Uncle Bobby?"

"No... It's just weird to hear that from you. I've never heard you express emotion before." Bobby shakes his head and looks at the ground, "But you're grown up now. I missed so much."

"Uncle Bobby, you didn't miss much. I'm practically the same girl I was back in Minnesota ten years ago... Yeah you missed me graduating from high school and college, but that's honestly it." Addie puts her hand on his.

"I still missed it." Bobby sighs.

"Uncle Bobby. Don't say that. You are ok. I promise. I still love you." Addie says.

"You're the closest thing I have to Brook... And I failed you." Bobby starts to cry.

"Hey... Uncle Bobby... You didn't fail me. You didn't, I swear." Addie says.

"If I didn't, then I wouldn't have left. I wouldn't have killed your aunt and your cousins. That's my fault, Addie. You can't blame yourself for that one." Bobby sighs.

"You're right, I can't. But also, you can't either. You know all the things that were wrong with that building. It's the landlord's fault." Addie puts her hand on his cheek.

"I know." Bobby hugs her.

"So you're sure that this isn't weird for you?"

"Alright. It's a little weird that you're dating one of my firefighters... One of my friends. You shouldn't be old enough to date on of my friends. I mean, I know you are, it just doesn't feel like you should be." Bobby shrugs.

"I know he's older than me, Uncle Bobby... And that is probably hard for you to see me dating him because of our age difference, but that doesn't change the fact that I love him." Addie says.

"I know, Addie. At least it's only an eight year age difference... If it was ten, now that's where I draw the line." Bobby laughs, "But yeah, I am fine with it. I can tell that you two really care for each other a lot."