Chapter 35 - Squeeze

"Great. Now I have two firefighters with concussions." Bobby laughs as they wheel Buck in on a wheelchair.

"Ha ha very funny cap." Chimney sighs as he sips on his water.

"How are you feeling, Buck?" Eddie asks concerned.

"Confused... Sore." Buck says staring off into space.

"Confused? About what?" Addie asks, waving her hand in front of him.

"Am I still engaged or..." Buck drifts off as Bobby holds up Jenny's ring, "Not..."

"Not." Eddie says as he fiddled with his hands.

"Did she say anything?" Buck asks.

"She just kept calling you an asshole." Chimney shrugs.

"Great... Now Abby is going to hate me even more." Buck sighs.

"Well... At least you've got us." Eddie says, grabbing Buck's hand.

"On that note, we should leave you two alone." Hen says as she walks out of the room, "That means you guys too." Hen turns around and looks at Addie, Chimney, and Bobby.

"Alright fine." Bobby says. Addie and Bobby help Chimney into a wheelchair and push him out of the room. Buck and Eddie sit in awkward silence.

"So... Uh..." Buck says, finally breaking the silence.

"Don't worry about it. I know this is a lot to take in right now so you don't have to say a word." Eddie cuts him off.

"Eddie." Buck looks at him.

"I'm serious, Buck. But I do want you to know that whatever happens, I'm always going to be here for you." Eddie puts his hand on Buck's.

"Thanks, Eddie." Buck smiles and then looks down.

"Anything for you." Eddie says.

"Eddie... Can I tell you something?" Buck asks quietly.

"Of course, Buck. Anything." Eddie looks up into Buck's eyes.

"I'm in love with you, too." Buck smiles awkwardly.

"I had a feeling that you might be." Eddie grinned, "I'm sorry it had to come to this, though... You know... The whole getting punched by your ex-fiancée thing."

"Hey, it's all good. I've still got you and the rest of our friends... As much as I didn't want to lose her as a friend, I still have my best friend right here." Buck squeezes Eddie's hand.

"Hell yeah, you do." Eddie leans over and kisses Buck's forehead.

"I really do love you, Eddie." Buck says.

"I know you do, Buck." Eddie smiles before kissing Buck.

911: The Dark HorseOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara