Chapter 42 - Gauze

"What? What happened, Howie?" Addie asks as she makes her way to the windshield of the bus.

"It's Jenny..." Chimney says as he points to a woman laying on the ceiling.

"Oh my god." Addie makes eye contact with him.

"Buck." Chimney and Addie say at the same time.

"He's on his way down... What do we do?" Addie gulps.

"I don't know." Chimney sighs.

"I need to get something to protect my feet, anyway. I will try to stop him." Addie says, starting to turn around.

"She must not have been wearing her seatbelt..." Chimney says as he points up to the empty seat above her, where a seat belt is dangling. Addie stops to look.

"Thankfully this bus had seatbelts. Most of them don't... Although it doesn't make it any better considering how many weren't wearing them..." Addie mumbles as she looks around at all the bodies scattered around.

"Some of them were smart. Most of them weren't." Chimney closes his eyes and takes a deep breath.

"Hey! We made it and we brought you your gear, Chimney!" Buck says as he starts to climb in the windshield.

"No! Wait!" Addie turns around and holds her hand out.

"No what?" Buck asks as his eyes drift behind them, "Is that..."

"Buck." Chimney says.

"Is that who I think it is, Addie?" Buck stares at her.

"Jenny." Addie says quietly.

"Oh my god! Is she alright? Did she survive?" Buck tries to run to her but they stop him, "You have to let me get to her."

"We don't know yet, Buck." Chimney puts his hand on Buck's chest.

"I need to help her." Buck cries, pushing even harder against them.

"Let us worry about your ex, Buck. You, start getting people who are conscious down." Chimney says calmly.

"But..." Buck starts.

"But nothing." Chimney says.

"Addie." Buck looks at her with sad eyes.

"No, Buck." Addie says, "Now give me your gloves."

"What?" Buck gets a confused look on his face.

"For her feet. She threw her heels about half-way down the hill." Chimney explains as he starts to check pulses.

"Fine." Buck grabs his thick work gloves out of his pocket and hands them to her.

"Gauze?" Addie looks up and holds out her hand. Buck huffs as he sets down the med kit and pulls out a roll of gauze. She wraps the gloves onto the bottoms of her feet.

"Where do you need me?" Eddie asks as everyone looks at him through the windshield, "What?"