Chapter 65 - Preference

"I hope you don't mind that we invited everyone from the station over for dinner tonight." Jamie says, as she opens the front door to her dad's house.

"Not at all! I'm excited to get to know them better." Chimney smiles.

"Me too. It will be fun." Addie walks over to the couch and sits down with Kevin.

"He's so precious, Addie." Jenny sits down next to her.

"I still can't believe that we get to be his parents. It's all so surreal." Addie looks at Jenny.

"I can imagine! It's not like other parents who get a whole nine months to prepare. You guys were thrown in at the last second practically." Jamie says.

"Pretty much." Chimney smirks.

"I wouldn't say thrown into it though. More like jumped into it, because we weren't forced to do anything." Addie shrugs.

"Fair enough." Jamie says.

"So how is wedding planning going now that you have a baby in the mix?" Jenny asks.

"It's actually going really well!" Chimney says, "Her mom has been staying with us for a while, and she's been helping a lot."

"Ahhh. Future mother-in-law is in town. Is that why you ran away to hang out with us?" Owen laughs as he walks into the room.

"Well... Maybe a little." Chimney smirks, "She's thinking about moving to LA."

"Don't worry, Uncle Bobby and Athena are taking good care of her. Probably taking her house hunting." Addie chuckles.

"Oh, I don't doubt it. Your uncle knows how to keep people busy, and Athena definitely has an eye for style when it comes to houses." Owen shrugs as there is a knock on the door.

"I got it!" Jenny says, walking over to the door. As soon as she opens the door, the entire team comes piling in.

"Look! It's a baby!" Tim points from across the room before running over.

"Yes... It is." Addie laughs, "Did you not see him earlier?"

"No. Today was my day to walk Buttercup. I got back right after you all left." Tim says as he kneels down in front of Addie, "Hi little guy!"

"Who's Buttercup?" Chimney looks at Owen.

"Buttercup is our firedog." Owen smiles.

"Why don't we get a firedog?" Chimney scrunches his eyebrows together.

"It's all just captain's preference... But it sounds to me like you've got an in with the captain." Owen glances over at Addie, "Maybe you should have her ask him."

"Maybe I should." Chimney laughs.