Chapter 16 - Wait

"Where is she?" Bobby yells running into the emergency room. He looks around as EMTs and police officers rush around.

"Bobby. Calm down. She's in surgery." Athena says, holding her hands out to stop him from running through the doors.

"What about Chim?" he looks into Athena's eyes.

"He's in surgery as well... He has a collapsed lung and was unconscious when they brought him in." Athena looks down.

"Oh my god." Bobby slides his back down the wall.

"Bobby. It's going to be alright. I was there when the EMTs were getting them out of the car. They did everything right." Athena holds on to Bobby's shoulders.

"Athena." he looks at her with tears in his eyes.

"Bobby. I know... Believe me, I know. Addie is the closest thing you have left to Marcy and your kids. But you have to believe me when I say it will be alright." Athena looks up.

"Bobby! Athena! How are they doing?" Eddie asks as him, Buck, and Hen come through the door. Bobby just cries in response.

"They're both in surgery... Chimney, however, is in critical condition." Athena looks at them and their expressions drop.

"Chim?" Hen asks as she breaks down into tears.

"Hey. He's a fighter, Hen. We all know that. He's gonna fight through this." Buck puts his hand on her shoulder.

"He's my partner, Buck. What am I going to do without my partner?" Hen cries even more, she slumps down next to Bobby and leans her head on his shoulder, "He's my best friend." Bobby reaches his arm around her and pulls her into a hug.

"Let's not worry about that yet. He still has a chance." Athena says.

"I mean, come on. The man had rebar through his head and he survived!" Eddie adds.

"Yeah! And he made it through that." Buck says.

"Excuse me... Captain Nash?" a nurse says as she walks out of the double doors. The five of them turn their heads in her direction.

"Is she ok?" Bobby stands up.

"She's in recovery. We will take you back as soon as she starts to wake up." the nurse turns around and starts walking back towards the doors.

"How long?" Bobby asks.

"It could be thirty minutes, it could be a few hours. We will let you know when she's awake." the nurse leaves the room. Bobby looks over at Athena.

"I know you want to go see her... But you have to wait." Athena glares at him, "I know you're considering sneaking back there. I'm afraid I can't let you do that."

"Fine." Bobby walks back to the waiting room and sits down in a chair.