Chapter 27 - Unpack

"Hey, Jenny." Buck says as he walks into the apartment after work. He tosses his things down on the floor next to the door.

"Hey, Evan! How was work?" Jenny kisses him on the cheek.

"It was fine... But I have to ask you a question." Buck sits down at the counter.

"Sure, what's up?" Jenny smiles.

"Do you think there is something wrong with me not helping plan the wedding because everyone at work seems to think so... And before they come over for dinner tonight I need to know." Buck looks at her.

"Well... A little help would be nice... But you're busy. I get it." Jenny tries to change the subject.

"So you do want me to do more... Of course Chimney was right... Am I an awful fiancé?" Buck looks down at the ground.

"I never for one second thought that you are an awful fiancé, Evan Buckley. I can't wait to be your wife no matter what." Jenny looks at him.

"Ok... Good." Buck says just as there is a knock on the door.

"And there they are! Evan, could you grab the door while I finish up dinner?" Jenny turns back to the stove.

"Yeah, I've got it." Buck walks over to the door.

"Thank you!"

"Hey guys, come on in." Buck says as he opens the door.

"Nice place you got here. Perfect to start a family." Bobby smirks at Buck.

"What? Uhh... No... We haven't actually talked about that, really..." Buck rambles.

"It's called a joke, Buck. We all wanted to see what your reaction would be... And it was pretty great." Hen says.

"You got it, Addie?" Chimney says as Addie walks up on her crutches.

"Chimney. I have been on crutches for a month. I know how to use them." Addie laughs as she makes her way through the door.

"Yeah. Sorry. Come on in, everyone. Make yourselves at home." Buck backs up and gestures into the living room. Addie plops down on the couch and leans her crutches against the side of the couch. Eddie walks in without saying a word and sits down at the other end of the couch.

"Is he ok?" Addie whispers to Chimney.

"I don't know." Chimney shrugs.

"Nice place you've got here." Bobby says as he and Athena step through the door.

"Thanks! It has been nicer since Evan moved in here with me. Not as empty." Jenny laughs, turning away from the stove.

"I can see that." Athena laughs as she places her hand on the stack of boxes.

"Yeah, we haven't even made a dent in the unpacking. The bedroom is even worse." Jenny smirks over at Buck.