Chapter 68 - Flight

"I can't believe that you guys already have to leave." Jenny frowns as she pulls the car up in front of the airport. The hot Texas sun was beating down on the black pavement as they stepped out of the car. 

"I know. I am, however, excited to leave this excruciating heat. It was a great week though. I'm so glad we were able to come see you." Addie smiles. 

"Me too." Jenny gives Addie a hug before grabbing the suitcases out of the trunk. 

"It was so nice seeing you guys again." Jamie says. 

"I know. It was a great way to get away for a little." Chimney says, unhooking Kevin's car seat from the base. 

"Have fun going back to wedding planning." Jenny smirks. 

"Oh, believe me. She will. She's loving this." Chimney laughs. 

"Of course I am! I get to marry my best friend!" Addie says excitedly. 

"I loved it, too..." Jenny sighs. 

"Yeah... Sorry about how all of that went down." Chimney shrugs, "At least you weren't married yet?"

"That's the only upside to the whole situation... Just make sure you're helping because that pissed me off that Buck didn't want to help." Jenny says as she pulls the suitcases up onto the sidewalk.

"Don't worry. He's been helping a lot, as much as he doesn't like it." Addie looks around as the cars hurry past.  

"That's good." Jenny smirks. 

"How is Buck doing, by the way?" Jamie asks. 

"He's doing alright. Him and Eddie are doing well." Chimney says. 

"Good. He deserves to be happy." Jamie smiles. 

"Ehh..." Jenny shrugs. 

"Jenny." Jamie sighs. 

"Still mad at him, I take it?" Addie laughs. 

"Oh yeah... I mean, come on! He kissed Eddie while we were still engaged. And then it took him all of a few hours to admit that he loves him?! Who does that?" Jenny looks at them over her shoulder. 

"Fair enough." Chimney says as he pulls the diaper bag over his shoulder and grabs a suitcase. 

"I just have to say, as worried about him as I was, watching you knock him out was pretty funny. Sometimes he deserves it with the stupid shit he says." Addie laughs.

"That he does." Chimney smirks. 

"Well, as much as I wish we could stay a little longer, we have to get going so we don't miss our flight." Addie grabs the other suitcase. 

"Thank you so much for coming to visit us." Jamie runs up and gives them both hugs. 

"We better get invited to the wedding." Jenny smirks. 

"Don't worry." Addie smiles before walking into the airport.