Chapter 3 - Memories

Ding Dong!

"Oh! Hey Uncle Bobby! I wasn't expecting you yet." Addie says as she opens the door of her apartment in her robe.

"I'm sorry. I can come back later if you need more time." Bobby says as he turns slightly.

"No, no. You're fine. I am almost ready... I just have to get changed." Addie says, walking towards her room.

"Addie, can I ask you a question?" Bobby asks as he walks through the door.

"Yes, of course." Addie stops and turns around.

"Why did you move all the way to LA?" Bobby sits down on the couch and grasps his hands together.

"I moved to LA because I missed you." Addie walks into her room and closes the door slightly,  "You were the closest thing to a dad I had when I was little, and after the fire, you just left."

"I know I left, Addie, and I am sorry. I just couldn't bear to see you and your mom struggle with the trauma that I caused." Bobby looks around the apartment and his eyes land on a picture of Addie and himself. A small smile appears on his face.

"I understand, but we still needed you. I needed you." Addie opens the door and walks out in jeans and a t-shirt.

"I am sorry, Addie. I wish I could change the past, but I can't." Bobby stands up and reaches out his arms for a hug, "I shouldn't have left. I should have accepted my fate and stayed in Minnesota, but I didn't. I missed you so much."

"Me too, Uncle Bobby." Addie says as she wraps her arms around him. She lets go, and grabs her sneakers from next to the door. Sitting on the couch she looks up and smiles as Bobby watches her.

"You remind me so much of Brook." Bobby inspects her smile.

"Everyone always said that when we were growing up... People always thought we were twins in school." Addie laughs.

"I love you, kid." Bobby smiles. He pulls her back in for another hug.

"I love you too." Addie pulls back, "You ready?"

"I am... And I hope you don't mind but I... I invited my wife." Bobby says quietly, hoping that Addie wouldn't be mad that he moved on from her aunt.

"Wait, you got remarried? That's great! I can't wait to meet her." Addie smiles. Bobby sighs of relief.

"Good, because she's waiting in the car." Bobby smirks as he opens the door and steps out into the hallway.

"If she is anything like aunt Marcy, I am sure that I will love her." Addie walks out the door, and locks it.